Hollow Smoker at Gander MNT.....

mappow

Just bought the # 5 at Gander Mnt.......WOW. From Ribs, chicken to whole (ok-half a brisket is UNBELIEVIBLE). HIGHLY recommend using apple wood. LOOOOOOWWWWWWW and Slooooooowww. Do not exceed 225 Deg and have a lot of patience. Have pulled recipes off the internet for rubs and sauces. Go what your tastes are and give it a try. I choose the gas and really happy (and full) that I did. Sorry BBQ restaurants, we'll be eating in. Caveat being that be prepared for a 6-10 hours of cooking.

I've got the weber smokey mountain. Only lump charcoal for me. O'natural! General rule, 1 hour for every pound of meat at 225. Just smoked a 14 lb pork shoulder over the 4th.

I bought mine at Sams Club. Love to do chicken, ribs, and shoulder. Better than any restaurant I have been to. Low and Slow is right, fruit woods for pork, hickory for chicken. Sweet Baby Rays modified for the kind of meat. Made my own rub for each after doing research on the internet about what spices go with what meats. Can never go back to regular bbq again!!!

I have a Bradley with a cold smoke attachment. We smoke everything. When buying meat, it get 2 hours of cold smoke, cheese about the same. I even resmoke ham and bacon. UMMM. The "low and slow" is great too, if you can't wait, finish in the oven or BBQ. My wife is the one with no patience. Pulled pork is one of the best.

Once my gas grill was pretty much gone and needed all the guts replaced I got one of the Smoke Hollow smokers and couldn't be happier. Since it will cook gas, charcoal grate or offset smoking I didn't mind retiring my old grill.

Cooked many a boston butt and slabs of ribs so far on the smoker with great results, of course every holiday so far I have been requested to cook haha.

I have a Bradley with a cold smoke attachment. We smoke everything. When buying meat, it get 2 hours of cold smoke, cheese about the same. I even resmoke ham and bacon. UMMM. The "low and slow" is great too, if you can't wait, finish in the oven or BBQ. My wife is the one with no patience. Pulled pork is one of the best.

I'm going to have to check into "cold smoking". Smoking cheese...........WOW! Tks for your service subvet!

Putting 2 racks on this weekend sepayne, gotta love it, especially with Apple wood.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back