Hmmm, does this sound crazy?

ecocks

I was browsing several gun sales sites tgoday and was curious if anyone has experience with the Hi-Point Carbines? I know Hi-Point has a mixed reputation on their handguns, some like 'em, some hate 'em, but got to thinking about maybe getting three or four for our country place. That way when friends come over for the weekend we could have some fun shooting the same weaps and calibers. Sure many have their own but (seems like) it would be an interesting option.

There have been a couple of threads concerning the Hi-Point carbines lately. I own one and my buddy brings his when we go to the range. We only have good things to say about ours, except to advise people to get the ATI stock, the factory stock is UGLY.

People that own them love them. I've come close to buying one on several occasion but couldn't get the price I wanted to pay. If I find one at the right price I'm going to grab one. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with it if you get one.

The Beretta is on the list but only one (for me). The others, in .40, were what I was mostly thinking about for my friends to practice with tactical weapons and just for fun.

Hi Point 995

Just went to the range with my new Hi Point 9mm Carbine (with the original ugly stock). What a fun gun to shoot. Light recoil, flawless functioning of 100 rnds 115gr fmj. Extremely accurate at 20 yards (limit of the pistol range). I will be doing the ATI stock eventually, and maybe a laser and/or light for low light use, but wanted to break it in first.
I bought this for a SD closet gun that I keep in our 'safe' location. That way, my wife won't have to get her gun first before going to safety, and I don't have to worry about her if I have to deal with BG's.

Of course SD is an important consideration and at the price makes these seem like good standbys.

Thanks for the range report, that (along with a couple of the others above) were what I was hoping to hear. I noticed Buds Guns has the Hi-Point carbine kitted out with a red dot as well as an alternate with a 4X scope, price still looks pretty darn reasonable.

There have been a couple of threads concerning the Hi-Point carbines lately. I own one and my buddy brings his when we go to the range. We only have good things to say about ours, except to advise people to get the ATI stock, the factory stock is UGLY.

I looked at that ATI stock (reminds me of the Beretta Storm) but it says it is for the 9mm Hi-Point. No sign of a .40 refit.

I looked at that ATI stock (reminds me of the Beretta Storm) but it says it is for the 9mm Hi-Point. No sign of a .40 refit.

Sorry, I didn't see a caliber specification in your OP. No, they haven't released the stock for the .40 carbine yet. The stock for the 995 is slightly heavier than the factory stock, soaking up even more of the felt recoil.

My bad, I should have noted that I was looking at .40's. That stock looks good and the .40 version would be worth watching/waiting for. Thanks for the recommendation!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back