History Channel .50 cal Sniper 1 mile shot

I caught the whole History Channel 2hour sniper segment last week. "Sniper: Inside the Crosshairs.."
The deadliest weapon on the battlefield is neither bullet nor gun; it's the lone sniper. Journey inside the science and psychology behind the greatest shots in military history, through the scope of the world's most extreme marksmen. Deconstruct the missions, ranging from Vietnam to Iraq to Afghanistan, presented by the men who were there and pulled the trigger. For the first time on American television Canadian sniper Robert Furlong, tells the story of his history-making shot in Afghanistan--striking a Taliban fighter from 1.5 miles away. Ballistics... Tactics... Weaponry... Stalking... This two-hour special examines these critical components in vivid detail, combining interviews with cinematic reenactments, CGI and present day shooting demonstrations to put the viewer squarely inside the crosshairs.

I always thought I was a pretty fair shoot, but I can not hold a candle to these guys... Festus should give them PhD's for his MOA Club... :biggrin:

I won't patrol into any city without a sniper OP and direct comms with him and his spotter.

This is a perfect example why the sniper is most effective when used for his intended purpose.

There's alway's CAS, but if the sniper is set up he'll launch critical lead down range before my TACP can get most aircraft into the hot zone.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back