Hip Hip Happy Concealed Carry day for me.

Now that I am back in the world, there is no rank. I call people Soldier, Sailor, Marine, Guardsman, or Airman. They are all equal to me.

Occasionally I will call a colonel or general by their ranks, but only if I know about it, and only if they impress me. I have met a lot of high ranking brass that are paper tigers and merely military politicians.

Now that I am back in the world, there is no rank. I call people Soldier, Sailor, Marine, Guardsman, or Airman. They are all equal to me.

Occasionally I will call a colonel or general by their ranks, but only if I know about it, and if they impress me.
It was just FYI. Even though I'm long retired there are some who still call me Chief. I usually refer to my fellow sailors as shipmates.

In the posting world, it's not necessary to use direct address at all, for that matter. Sometimes it's better that way--less potentially incendiary.

We are pretty sure that God(s) did not create the Earth in 6 days.

We are pretty sure it took 4 billion years.

I am not sure why Moses invented that whole story about the 6 days.

If each day equals 1 billion years then it makes sense. Otherwise it does not.

Remember the sun and moon were not created until the 3rd or 4th day. So what is a day anyway?

While I do not doubt at all the Moses existed and led the Hebrews out of Egypt, I don't know why he did not just start his story with his own birth as related to him by his Hebrew parents? That would have been much more factual.

Why did Moses have to come up with faerie tales about Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel, Abraham, etc.?? By so doing he has given the atheists a lot of ammo.

"We" don't agree, and I'm not going to make this an off-topic rabbit trail. I was merely letting you know that I'm not a feminist and backing that up with supporting details.

So you became a tomboy.
Nope. I was never called a tomboy. I was just a kid.

That still does not teach you how to kill. It teaches you to run with the boyz. But even the boyz need to be taught how to kill, although they tend to pick up that teaching much more readily and naturally than a woman would. More testosterone. Hunters, not gatherers. Not all men -- just most.
I didn't run with the boys.

Men and women don't have to be natural born killers to carry guns.

It's called self defense, not self aggression, outside of wartime combat situations.

Nope. I was never called a tomboy. I was just a kid.

I didn't run with the boys.

Men and women don't have to be natural born killers to carry guns.

It's called self defense, not self aggression, outside of wartime combat situations.

Boys' bike.

Cap guns.

You were a tomboy.

"We" don't agree, and I'm not going to make this an off-topic rabbit trail. I was merely letting you know that I'm not a feminist and backing that up with supporting details.

Well your "six days" comment warranted a rebuttal.

What is a day to God(s)? One billion years? If so then Moses was pretty close -- it was 4.5 billion years not 6 billion to create the Earth.

It was just FYI. Even though I'm long retired there are some who still call me Chief. I usually refer to my fellow sailors as shipmates.

In the posting world, it's not necessary to use direct address at all, for that matter. Sometimes it's better that way--less potentially incendiary.

Soldier, Sailor, Guardsman, and Airman are all terms of respect.

And Marine is and has always been a term of pure worship.

:D

Boys' bike.

Cap guns.

You were a tomboy.
You must have lived a very restricted childhood. You stereotype everything.

What did my dresses, Barbies and baby dolls make me?

I should have added that some of the things my practical parents got me as a child were gender-neutral or "boy's" version because I was the first born and my only sibling was a younger brother. He was the recipient of my hand-me-downs, at least during pre-teen years.

Yes, I had some "boy" toys but they often were "girly" color versions (like my pink gun stuff now).

Hard as it might be for you to comprehend, a female can enjoy some of the same stuff males do without giving up their femininity.

I feel sorry for the females in your life.

You must have lived a very restricted childhood. You stereotype everything.

What did my dresses, Barbies and baby dolls make me?

I should have added that some of the things my practical parents got me as a child were gender-neutral or "boy's" version because I was the first born and my only sibling was a younger brother. He was the recipient of my hand-me-downs, at least during pre-teen years.

Yes, I had some "boy" toys but they often were "girly" color versions (like my pink gun stuff now).

Hard as it might be for you to comprehend, a female can enjoy some of the same stuff males do without giving up their femininity.

I feel sorry for the females in your life.

My sister is a tomboy too (like you) and she dresses like a boy.

She is also a surgery nurse.

Women murder men all the time.

They use guns or poison.

They do it for the insurance money or because they have a new lover or both.

Teaching your spouse to shoot is a liability in my opinion.

Even mom's eventually reach the point they will kill their wanna-be Rambo living in their basement.

Even mom's eventually reach the point they will kill their wanna-be Rambo living in their basement.

Lanza's mom unfortunately did not act in time.

In her case her little monster killed her.

That is similar to a wifey shooting her hubby except that it was retardo baby shooting his mom.

Ergo when you teach someone how to shoot you up the odds of that someone shooting you.

Well I for one do not think I have increased my wife's homicidal tendencies! My wife always asked me to move a gun or some ammunition. She was born and raised in Korea, where civilians do not keep guns in the home. She had no experience with guns. She was scared of them. twenty years or so ago three or four couples got around and did a little shooting and she got a loaded Ruger standard and place one hole in a paper plate, she was thrilled, but did not want to repeat it. Then about five years ago, she was having me move a particularly dangerous looking gun (Magazine out, slide locked back) and I asked if she would go to a beginners course taught by someone other than me. Yes she said. We took three different guns a SR-22, and then two 9 MMs, a Lionheart LH9 and a Springfield XDS. The grips on the Lionheart proved too aggressive for her so the XDS was the one she ended up with. (Later I had to file down the offending points on the Lionheart and put Talon Rubberized tape on the XDS) Any way they got her over the fear of ammunition, yes she did think it could just explode by looking at it crossways. Also she discovered it would not explode in the glaring sun. They got her semi comfortable, it just was a one day course and not enough for her. She did go to the Classroom for a Concealed Carry permit and it was for three States, Oregon, Utah, and Arizona. I sat there with her, but I already had a Oregon permit, so I just got the others. We got a couple of Memberships to Front Sight and went to Pahrump for a four day Defensive Handgun course followed by a one day CCP course for Nevada (We did some of the CCP classes during the four day. She would not shoot the first day, it wasn't till halfway through the second day that they coaxed her to fire. Wow she took off. She was slow, had great difficulty using the Lionheart's safety, but she was accurate, she paid attention!. She could rank everyone else's shooting ability because she was competitive. We have been back for the same course a couple more times and the rifle course twice. We have gone back for a 'Skill builders' course to build speed and will be back again this spring. She has switched to a G-17 for the range and is very happy with it. She now is very capable and safe.
I wanted her to be ready for the time I am gone for good, you can make financial arrangements, but not security arrangements.

Oh and She could poison me any time, old Korean custom....and then there are the knives.

Women are not normally cutters. They'll cut themselves but cutting another is rare. Jodi Arias was the notable recent exception of course.

Poisoning is something everyone is vulnerable to.

If you want to make sure you are not poisoned, spoon your food out of a serving bowl and make sure your wifey takes a spoonful first for herself and starts eating it before you do. Even better, pretend you are Italian and do all the cooking yourself for both of you.

Pour all your own drinks from sealed containers, not open containers.

Watch out for antifreeze.

But now you also have being shot to worry about. It's not too late however. Don't buy her a gun. Lock up your gun safe at night. And sleep with your own handgun (pistol or revolver) stuffed into your own pillowcase. Get rid of your life insurance and don't cheat on her.

I don't dress like a boy.

Is it that hard for you to accept that girls and women can have diverse interests without being labeled?

Good for her.

I don't really give much of a ratz azz about either gender in particular nor their traditional cultural or adopted roles.

They can be traditional, unconventional, straight, queeer, bi, trans -- I don't care.

Since there is still nothing on this Earth that I cannot kill, everything is just a moving target for me.

That's what you really learn in boot camp -- or are supposed to learn.

Any you never forget it.

Well I for one do not think I have increased my wife's homicidal tendencies! My wife always asked me to move a gun or some ammunition. She was born and raised in Korea, where civilians do not keep guns in the home. She had no experience with guns. She was scared of them. twenty years or so ago three or four couples got around and did a little shooting and she got a loaded Ruger standard and place one hole in a paper plate, she was thrilled, but did not want to repeat it. Then about five years ago, she was having me move a particularly dangerous looking gun (Magazine out, slide locked back) and I asked if she would go to a beginners course taught by someone other than me. Yes she said. We took three different guns a SR-22, and then two 9 MMs, a Lionheart LH9 and a Springfield XDS. The grips on the Lionheart proved too aggressive for her so the XDS was the one she ended up with. (Later I had to file down the offending points on the Lionheart and put Talon Rubberized tape on the XDS) Any way they got her over the fear of ammunition, yes she did think it could just explode by looking at it crossways. Also she discovered it would not explode in the glaring sun. They got her semi comfortable, it just was a one day course and not enough for her. She did go to the Classroom for a Concealed Carry permit and it was for three States, Oregon, Utah, and Arizona. I sat there with her, but I already had a Oregon permit, so I just got the others. We got a couple of Memberships to Front Sight and went to Pahrump for a four day Defensive Handgun course followed by a one day CCP course for Nevada (We did some of the CCP classes during the four day. She would not shoot the first day, it wasn't till halfway through the second day that they coaxed her to fire. Wow she took off. She was slow, had great difficulty using the Lionheart's safety, but she was accurate, she paid attention!. She could rank everyone else's shooting ability because she was competitive. We have been back for the same course a couple more times and the rifle course twice. We have gone back for a 'Skill builders' course to build speed and will be back again this spring. She has switched to a G-17 for the range and is very happy with it. She now is very capable and safe.
I wanted her to be ready for the time I am gone for good, you can make financial arrangements, but not security arrangements.

According to most men, Japanese women are the most beautiful and desirable on this Earth.

Except Japanese men -- obviously because the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

So according to Japanese men, Korean women are the most beautiful.

However everyone knows that Korean women are the meanest women on this Earth too.

But Japanese men can handle them.

Be careful.

Well I for one do not think I have increased my wife's homicidal tendencies! . . . She now is very capable and safe.
Thank you for sharing your story. :)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back