hi point

percy
#1 i didnt call you names... i said it was a knuckleheaded thing to say thats not the same as calling you a knucklehead.so i mean no offense to you.

#2 i never said they should be more expensive i just didnt like that you are acussing "them" (whoever that may be) of saying that poor people dont have the right to defend themselves.

#3 theres nothing we can do about it considering hi points are so cost effectively made they should be cheap.

#4 if they raise the price that would be dumb considering that they arent worth much more and that isnt gonna stop criminals from getting there hands on them.

#5 the owner SAYS he markets to lower income persons but thats just a "bi-product" of the fact that they are made with tax dollars.

In Cleveland (which im sure happens elsewhere) ther is alot of gun stores that get broken into at night and being such a poor city they usually have alot of hi points so thats another reason why criminals get there hands on them.
In the end what we do about it is not care about the situation because no matter how expensive a gun is criminals are still gonna get there hands on them that article is just another anti-gun loser who has nothing better to do then :cray: about something they dont like, they want us to flare about up things like that so they can say"everyone look at the problems guns are causeing" lol
One more thing i think its hilarious because in cleveland the "hoodlums" all think that hi points are like the BEST guns ever lol may be another reason why they are so popular cause illegal sellers are saying "Buy this hi-point there the best and im selling them cheaper than dirt" lol

By "They" I meant those established authoritative persons who create an unintended consequence through their actions- a by-product that when realized will have a consequence. If A then B (which may be good ) but also C ( which may be aanegative that far outweighs the positive). But that's basically every politician right?

Regardless of the reason why they are inexpensive, the use of that fact as a rallying point against them is outrageous, and, in my opinion, has the underlying consequence of which i previously spoke.

It is certainly not an overt assault on the rights of the poor (and perhaps i came across too dramatically) but it certainly has that flavor about it.

By the way Hi Points are VERY popular here in Detroit as well, for the same reasons which you stated above. LOL. Thanks for the info!

There was once a guy who swore up and down about hi point, over and over again he wrote magazines and told them they were all wrong. One day he was confronted while in his vehicle by a man who told him to get out of his vehicle. The HI Point lover drew his trusty .45cal Hi point and aimed and pulled the trigger, BAM the slide shattered ripping off the frame and slamming into his left eye socket killing him. the criminal who was fine pulled his lifeless corpse out of his car and drove off.
Yeah Hi point is good. if you dont mind running the chance of having a cheaply made slide fly off and penetrate your skull.
I maybe be releativly new to gunsmithing but the materials in this gun are less quality than toy guns. you want a cheap gun made well, Rock Island 1911 for around $400 all steel design accurate as hell out of the box just throw in a new trigger and have fun.

There was once a guy who swore up and down about hi point, over and over again he wrote magazines and told them they were all wrong. One day he was confronted while in his vehicle by a man who told him to get out of his vehicle. The HI Point lover drew his trusty .45cal Hi point and aimed and pulled the trigger, BAM the slide shattered ripping off the frame and slamming into his left eye socket killing him. the criminal who was fine pulled his lifeless corpse out of his car and drove off.
Yeah Hi point is good. if you dont mind running the chance of having a cheaply made slide fly off and penetrate your skull.
I maybe be releativly new to gunsmithing but the materials in this gun are less quality than toy guns. you want a cheap gun made well, Rock Island 1911 for around $400 all steel design accurate as hell out of the box just throw in a new trigger and have fun.

You got a link for that or do we need to check it out on Snopes? I'm not saying that it isn't true but until I get some confirmation on that story I am not going to repeat it.

well thats odd cause mine never skips a beat. plus if you pick up the recent issue of handgunner they did a piece on some 380's hi point kel tech ruger lcp and another couple and the writer begun not liking the hp and when his tests where over he had bout 2 in total. he gave it a great review so check it out cause i was charged that a person who had never fired it but disliked them cause of price ended up purchasing 2!!

the thing is those magazines are paid to do positve reviews, look what a highpoint is made of. the quality is in the material and quality control.

the thing is those magazines are paid to do positve reviews, look what a highpoint is made of. the quality is in the material and quality control.
I have a Gun Tests magazine somewhere that did a test of several 9mm handguns, including the Hi-Point. Hi-Point got their highest marks. Gun Tests doesn't do these reviews for the manufacturers, they buy their guns from a gun store, so there's no question of bias on their part.

Several of the guys I worked security with, in New Orleans carried Hi-Points, and that includes some LEO's who were taking a leave of absence to do that job.

As far as the Hi-Point failure, I've seen/read about some pretty bad failures from other makers too, such as Glock, Colt, S&W and others. Does this dealer who refuses to sell Hi-Points based on that one story also refuse to sell other brands based on one story?

availability

I don't know about Ohio. I like in Philadelphia and HiPoints are just plain unavailable. I suppose gun stores don't like selling them because of a low profit margin, or maybe because of the perception that an inventory of Hi Points will draw an undesirable crowd or straw purchasers that don't mind purchasing for the local criminal.
They can easily be looked upon as the old ring of fire guns....Ravens,Jennings,Bryco,Lorcin,etc. No money in selling them, and a raft of trouble in the future relative to trace backs after criminal activity.

well the malfuctions have been grevious, and he wont carry them for two reasons... because of the malfuctions, and because of the customers that buy them. I just dont see relying on a firearm i spent 150 on. my life is worth more than that and the life of my wife is worth more than that. High price doesnt equal quality but i have found low price always equals the lack thereof. If you want a cheap gun by some old soviet block pistols. they are made pretty well for the price.
Look at the quality of the metal, the quality of the firing pin. ect just saying if your families lives are worth 149.99 and a $20.00 dollar box of ammo you might want to ditch them and try to start over.

I don't know about Ohio. I like in Philadelphia and HiPoints are just plain unavailable. I suppose gun stores don't like selling them because of a low profit margin, or maybe because of the perception that an inventory of Hi Points will draw an undesirable crowd or straw purchasers that don't mind purchasing for the local criminal.
They can easily be looked upon as the old ring of fire guns....Ravens,Jennings,Bryco,Lorcin,etc. No money in selling them, and a raft of trouble in the future relative to trace backs after criminal activity.

Haven't heard that list of names for a long time. :lol:

gf

Those are names from yesteryear and like the HiPoints these $80-$100 guns were maligned by the people that did not own them, but loved by the people that did. The Justice Department data regarding the common occurances that these guns were used in crime caused Mr. Jennings, the owner and manufacturer of all those brands, to be sued out of business. The guns were made in California and I believe they were sued by that pathetic state.

Those are names from yesteryear and like the HiPoints these $80-$100 guns were maligned by the people that did not own them, but loved by the people that did. The Justice Department data regarding the common occurances that these guns were used in crime caused Mr. Jennings, the owner and manufacturer of all those brands, to be sued out of business. The guns were made in California and I believe they were sued by that pathetic state.

I still see Jennings pistols for sale 2nd hand on the internet and in pawn shops. I did a class for a small group of elderly folks a month or so back and one of them was very tight on cash. He offered me a Jennings pistol in trade for his class tuition. I felt bad for the guy, so I cut him a break on the tuition and allowed him to keep his pistol. Not that I have anything against the pistol, just didn't look like something I'd like to shoot. :fie:

gf

still waiting on a link to your last post and would love to see some proof of this statement as well.

bottom l;ine poeple who dont have dont like them and people who do have enjoy them. and why is it beiong lowe price make it horrible. i for one encourage lower price so more people can defend themselves.

i have tried to call hipoint, and they gave me the usual run around even though it was noon in ohio where they are based the people who know this info had suddenly left the office. I did an experiement i called sprinfield and glock both offered these statistics though low as they were. glock has had two fatal firearm malfunctions since its companies start both were generation one glock 17's. springfield has had none with its 1911's. and there xd's have had none, how come glock willing gave me this info over the phone but highpoint put me on hold for 30 min then told me they dont have that info. I agree if that is all you can afford to defend you home then that is all you have. But you could always go the surplus handgun route if you only have 150 dollars

+1 for Hi Point

I have had the C9 pistol and my son now has it. Shoots every time and hits where you point it. I have the 995 carbine in the closet as my SHTF gun (along with my RIA 1911 .45). The carbine is reliable and accurate for home defense without worrying that it will blow giant holes in the wall like a 12ga will. Highly reccomend the Hi Points.

BTW my first handgun in 1993 was a Jennings .380. My other son has that one and it still shoots great, no problems other than some HP ammo won't feed well. Stick to FMJ and everythings OK.

I have a Hi Point C9 and mine works quite well. Yes, it is big, ugly and as intimidating as Satan himself but then again . . .that's the way I like 'em. As far as trusting your life to one I have no problems there either. I don't figure that when someone breaks in they are gonna stop you and say "hey you ain't gonna shoot me with that are you? or Hey, I ain't really dead 'cause he just shot me with a Hi Point."

Reliable? Yes.
Accurate? Yes.
Heavy? Yes.
Cheap? Yes.
Ugly? Hell yes. Those guns hit every limb when they fell out of the ugly tree.:biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back