"hi-point"

I trust $100 pistols as much as I do $100 cars. I ain't gonna bet my life on either one.

Hi Points are junk. Slightly better junk than the Cobra/Davis or the old Bryco/Jennings/Jeminez but still junk.

They are cheap & may look funny, but I know a few people who have the Hi Point & swear by them. I know others will disagree, but check them out for yourself. I have been thinking about checking out a 9mm.:pleasantry:

Guys trying to blow up a HI-Point

These guys are trying to blow up a HI Point - DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC

If you want more google hi-point challenge.

Have several at least one with 3k+ rounds through it ( C9 ) and my oldest son has a .45 with close to 10k through it. He and his FIL took a 5 gallon bucket of old .45 rounds out and the only gun they had that shot every crusty green piece of brass was the Hi-Point.

I do not make a practice of CC with my C9 because I don't like a gun with a manual safety for everyday carry. I have Keltec and XD for CC.

I have let at least a couple of dozen folks at our range shot it and everyone liked it.

As in everything else YMMV.

Ed

I own the .380 and the 9mm, and my Better Half owns the 9mm and the .45, all Hi-Point. The ONLY problem we have ever had is running the cheap WalMart-carried Winchester ammo, (when we inquired to Hi-Point about this, they said it is something about the way these shells are bonded to the lead), but when we upgraded to the next priced ammo, we did not have a single problem. We've run Remington, UMC, Federals, American Eagle, Winchester (in the black boxes), CCI Blazer, through all three calibers, with never a single problem. No stovepipes, no jams or double-feeding. We shoot often, and when asked about the cost of these firearms, the responses are hilarious. The 380, out the door was about 130$, this includes an 8-rd mag. The 9mms were 145$ out the door, also with 8-rd mags. The .45 was 193$ out the door, and it came with a 9-rd mag. We've upgraded to all 10-rd mags for the .380 and the 9mms, but the .45 does not have any other mags available than the 9-rd. I love-love-love this 9mm. When we go out shooting with friends, ours are quite popular. I like the way they fit in the palm of the hand, especially with the extended magazines. For anyone on a budget, I would HIGHLY recommend these, as they are reliable, they are MADE IN THE USA (Beemiller, OH), and they carry a lifetime warranty, not for the life of the owner, but the life of the GUN, no questions asked. That's hard to beat. We recently took an advanced tactical shooting course, and received MUCH positive feedback on these as far as their looks and their performance. There were Glocks, H&K and S&Ws jamming on occasion, but not our Hi-Points. The instructor was more impressed at that class than he was years ago when he taught our safety course for our CPLs, which was when he first saw the Hi-Point firearms in action. Grouping? Excellent. Heavy? Yes. Comfortable in hand? Yes. Easily concealable? Yes (but as with every weapon, this depends on the type of holster). Looks? I think they look sharp, but of course, I'm biased, because of how much I like these guns. I have a friend who just bought the 9mm carbine, and he speaks very highly of its accuracy, style and mobility. Hope this helps.

Funny, I just read an article on Hi Point seems they've really made some improvements on them. Don't know what they sell for but I'll bet a Ruger is probably pretty close in price and is a very good hand gun.I own two of them a 9mm and a P345 in 45 ACP paid about 350.00 for the P345 brand new in the box.

I have owned 3 C-9 hi points & all 3 malfunctioned. I returned each oner and I did receive a neww C-9 which I traded in for a gun I neededd to shoot when I pulled the trigger. I liked the top heavy weight for quick follow up shots. The design was poor as when I opened them to clean ALL the springs & firing pin would fly out. They all were accurate up to 100 feet when they would shoot. Stove piped & jammed frequently. I gave up and traded in the 4th one & bought a Ruger that did shoot!

I have a 40SW pistol. I don't use it for concealed carry because it's a big on the heavy side. The considerable weight actually makes them fairly easy shooting guns.

From personal observation I have found mine to be reliable except with Hollow Points. The feed ramps are not terribly smooth and they sometimes and in some guns (like mine) don't feed 100%. This is something you will simply need to try.

I've owned a Hi Point C9 for years. More accurate than a Glock 19 and never a single malfunction. I admit it's butt-ugly and heavy, but for the $109 I paid for it, it's also hard to beat.

Basing an opinion on price means everyone should carry a $3000 custom 1911 instead of a $400 Glock...I carry a Glock.

My 14 year old son has a Hi-Point 9mm carbine, and we love it. HP's are not the sexist stuff on the market, but they go bang. Check out HP's on you tube. On another forum a guy said he contacted HP about how difficult it is to disassemble. The president said if the gun gets so dirty that it won't work, send it in and they will clean it for you. Sure, we all want the sexy $1200 1911. But the HP will work.

To add: Most people that talk bad about HP have never used one. I don't want a hand gun for lack of capacity, and limited holster selection. I will take their carbine any day. I also respect their customer support.

C-9

I have owned a C9 9mm for about 2 years now and have no issues with it whatsoever. I have worn it almost everyday all around the farm, woods, gravel, lakes, you name it, and living in a rural area I can and do shoot it occasionally just to make sure it works, and it always has. Clean or dirty. I love the way it fits my hand, I put a Hogue handall sleeve on it because my hands are sometimes sweaty from work. I mostly open carry but it conceals well at the waistband and in a shoulder holster, I have a little trouble on the ankle unless I wear cowboy boots. I am average build at 5' 10' and about 170. Just bought the target carbine in 9mm and can't wait to get to the range to shoot some bells and spinners. I don't think you can buy a better gun for the purpose than a Hi Point and ya, the price ain't bad either. I am only considering another gun because I want something to stick in my pocket for those summer days when you just don't have enough clothing on to cover a defensive weapon, looking at a KelTec PF9 or a Ruger LC9.

The design was poor as when I opened them to clean ALL the springs & firing pin would fly out.

Apparently you did not read the owner's manual that comes with the gun, that tells you not to open the gun the way you would a Baretta...if the internal mechanism gets so dirty it won't function, send it back to the factory, they will clean/fix/refurbish it for you FOR FREE. Hi-point is the only manufacturer I know with an absolutely unconditional 100% service guarantee.

Apparently you did not read the owner's manual that comes with the gun, that tells you not to open the gun the way you would a Baretta...if the internal mechanism gets so dirty it won't function, send it back to the factory, they will clean/fix/refurbish it for you FOR FREE. Hi-point is the only manufacturer I know with an absolutely unconditional 100% service guarantee.

Ok,I have no experience with a HiPoint but this post seems to suggest you cant take this gun apart and clean it as you would any other auto?? Its doin me no good if I have to ship it off to be cleaned and not cleaning it is not an option when your life depends on it working everytime. Pulling the trigger and hearing "click" and thinking time to clean my gun is a very bad idea.

No, no, you don't have to send it in for cleaning. Takedown is a bit more elaborate than on most other guns, granted, but if you do it step by step and accept the fact that the recoil spring is the old fashioned non captured type (it will come jumping out) it really is not a problem. I have taken down my 2 carbines and my pistol many times and by now it's almost as fast as other guns.

Missing the point. No we're not saying it's impossible, just trying to stress how the company will go out of it's way to take care of its customers. They will take care of you're HP pretty much no matter what you do to it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back