Hi Point Firearms

Bill B

Whats the feel on HiPoint handguns They are very low priced is it a good gun for the money?

Jam-o-matic

I bought a. 380, it fails to eject 20-30% of the time.
I was told once it broke in it would get better. I've ran about 500 rounds and no better.
I know someone who has one and loves it.
I think it is pretty much a crap-shoot if you get a good one or not.

Theres a reason they are in pawn shops for less than a hundred dollars buy a used quality gun before this crap!

I'm a firm believer in the old adage, "You get what you pay for," which also applies to firearms. I had two Hi Point 9mm pistols im the past, and both were pieces of crap. I suppose a Hi Point is better than no gun at all, but when you consider that your life could be at stake, you want somehing that you can be fairly confident will go bang every time. I think if you're budget-conscious, maybe you should look at a Ruger. Rugers are quality guns, and you can get one brand new for around $400.

Most of those that say anything bad about them actually never even shot or owned one.......

They have some good and bad things going for them...

The Good:
Cheap price
Lifetime 100% warranty
If it does break, you could still use it as a weapon (club) because it weighs a ton......

The Bad..
They are not extremely reliable....
Very heavy
Hard to conceal (if that concerns you)
not very high magazine capacities

I have owned a High Point 45 myself, never had a single malfunction at all...........

I currently own one of the 9mm carbines, also zero malfunctions, and it is an absolute blast to shoot......

Would I personally buy another one of their pistols? Well, if my situation doesnt drastically change in the future, probably not,.. mainly because of the size/weight issue also, I have all the pistols I need at the moment....... ( do NOT tell my wife this!)

A High Point would not be my first choice if I had enough money for a Higher caliber (quality) make.... If it is all you can afford at the moment, you could do much worse in my opinion..... If you do decide to get one, put it through a good workout to prove to yourself it is reliable.....

I've used the .45 model before at the range, ran about 100 rounds through with zero failures. Haven't tried the 9mm or .380 so idk about those. The .45 is my Brother-in-law's gun and he's never complained about it, he's owned it for about 4 years.

On another note... it is a good option if you're looking to have spare pistols at the ready for either back-up(not CCW purposes mind you) due to primary weapon malfuctions & failures, or to pass out to friends and family in post-SHTF, or for bartering in either good times and bad.

I own a few "cheap" weapons and y'know what... they work outstanding!!! I have an Arcus 98 DAC 9mm, flawless pistol based on the Browning Hi-Power! A Llama .380 that's 20+ years old and still going, and a Century Arms AK74 that I'd put up againts any other assualt rifle out there.

I have really considered buying some Hi-Point pistols for for the reasons above.

We have some carbines and a pistol and the worst I can say about them is that the carbines have occasional jams and they all are a bit harder to field strip than I would like.

I had one a traded it on a rifle. At times I almost wish I had it back. t was reliable, shot great, ugly as a Glock, heavy, worth every penny and more. Gun snobs hate them and most people that have one love them.

Taurus makes reliable and comparatively inexpensive weapons. I own an older PT 58, a used PT 92 (not so old) and a brand new 7 shot tracker revolver. Nary a problem with any of them. For the price, I am an advocate.

Besides, I am somewhat reluctant to shell out twice the price for a similar quality weapon, just because it is a "Name Brand". The "keeping up with the Jones'es" "sales pitch" has gone the way of the dodo in today's market and economic situation.

You get what "feels right for you", at a price that is of the same consideration, and gives you the "bang" for the buck you want. (Sic!)

Hell, my home defence buckshot spreader is a Chinese made $189 gun show special that has never given me an ounce of trouble or concern over the five years I have owned it and fired it. "It ain't pretty, but it works!"

GG

There's a reason why there have been very few "successful" blowback semi-auto handguns in calibers more powerful than 9x18mm Makarov. They require ludicrously massive slides, ludicrously powerful recoil springs, or usually BOTH.

The Hi Points do nothing I want done in any way in which I want it done.

There are plenty of deals on used revolvers and semi-autos VASTLY superior to the Hi Point. If you want a cheap 9x19mm handgun, I'd go with a surplus Walther P-1, preferably with the reinforcing pin.

Chaeck out youtube do a search for Hi Point you will not believe what they put the gun through and it still fires no matter what anyone says you can't beat them for the price you can buy a $1000 Kimber and get a piece of crap.But I must say they are a house gun to big to carry

I had a Hi Point. 45 a while back and loved it. The only bad thing is it was too big to carry concealed. I ended up selling it (for more than I paid for it) and bought a Jimenez Arms. 380 for myself to carry and a Jimenez Arms. 25 for the wife to carry in her purse. I've run 200+ rounds through each one and haven't had a single misfire or jam. When I was looking at pistols alot of people were dumping on the Hi Points and Jimenez Arms because of price and saying they were junk for any shot over 50 yards. I had to remind them that I didn't buy them for long range shots and if I ever did have to use them outside the range, the target is going to be much closer than 50 yards.

I love my 9mm carbine with a ATI stock. Tons of fun at the range. No problems, and I can feed it any ammo I can find on sale. This set up cost less than $300.

9952.jpg

IM000368.jpg

I own a 40 S&W Hi Point. It has never failed to fire(1000+ rounds). I carry it on canoe and boat trips and as a back up in my truck. It has a 100% replacement guarantee and is 100% made in the USA in Ohio. I am a big guy and I used it as my first CC pistol whe that was all I could afford. There is no finesse about it, it is a big, ugly, get the job done gun at a very reasonable price.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back