Hey Chicago this is how we do it out west.

Saved Lives!

This was a justifiable shoot by an obvious good guy. He saved lives that day and took two really bad men off the street... And yet they cite him with an unconstitutional CCW permit law!!:wacko: He is a hero in my book!

I think when you read what the mother said that she is a very remarkable lady. Too bad she was so ill that she didn't kick her sons ass. Again, it's easy for the son to do "the wrong thing" when no father is in the picture! The kid sure was surprised and got what it took so that no truly innocent people were harmed!

I'm confused! Did he have a carry permit or not? Or were there 2 armed citizens?

From this article:

Link Removed

"A man who had a permit to carry a gun saw the robber point the weapon at the clerk and pulled out his handgun and shot the suspect multiple times, police said."

"The man, Harry J. McCullough, 32, was cited because he didn't have a permit that allowed him to carry the gun concealed."

I'm confused! Did he have a carry permit or not? Or were there 2 armed citizens?

From this article:

Link Removed

"A man who had a permit to carry a gun saw the robber point the weapon at the clerk and pulled out his handgun and shot the suspect multiple times, police said."

"The man, Harry J. McCullough, 32, was cited because he didn't have a permit that allowed him to carry the gun concealed."

My understanding is he had a firearm permit but was not permitted to carry concealed. I don't quite understand what they mean by "firearm permit". Do they mean a permit to own a firearm??

I do not care for the tone of the reports in the new story video. It appears to me they are hinting that McCollum did something bad.

Anyway my hat goes off to McCollum for what he did.

I do not care for the tone of the reports in the new story video. It appears to me they are hinting that McCollum did something bad.

Anyway my hat goes off to McCollum for what he did.

Mr. McCollum is a hero. I hope if I'm ever in a similar situation, I will act as he did.

From what I understand

My understanding is he had a firearm permit but was not permitted to carry concealed. I don't quite understand what they mean by "firearm permit". Do they mean a permit to own a firearm??

The GG had in his possession a "permit" that is used by Security Officers that is for wearing a weapon in a holster that is visible, like on a duty belt for LEOs. Since he didn't want to spend the money for a state CCW, he thought since he normally stayed in Omaha, that this was good enough.

Short Shotgun? Very illegal. Most cut down, really cut down, shotguns have not been test fired, a lot of times are fired accidental, but just as lethal.

Lives saved there.

This was a justifiable shoot by an obvious good guy. He saved lives that day and took two really bad men off the street... And yet they cite him with an unconstitutional CCW permit law!!:wacko: He is a hero in my book!

When I looked at the video of the attorney talking, my first question was "Why is this attorney there?". I couldn't imagine why an attorney would be needed. Now I see why, because of that shooter not having a CCW.

This case should be used to put an end to all this permit stuff. If the shooter had been following the law, two thugs would have made off with a heist, and possibly shot witnesses that could ID them.

I'm all for training, but all permits should be issued at the end of a 8 hr training class. Anybody with proper training , like this shooter obviously had, should be able to carry a gun, concealed or not.

When I looked at the video of the attorney talking, my first question was "Why is this attorney there?". I couldn't imagine why an attorney would be needed. Now I see why, because of that shooter not having a CCW.

This case should be used to put an end to all this permit stuff. If the shooter had been following the law, two thugs would have made off with a heist, and possibly shot witnesses that could ID them.

I'm all for training, but all permits should be issued at the end of a 8 hr training class. Anybody with proper training , like this shooter obviously had, should be able to carry a gun, concealed or not.

And to add to the training part:

Since we have a Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms anyway, the Federal Govt, or State, which ever one you think, should be giving the training classes. They should have to staff them, have NCIS system availability right there for instant background checks, and provide the ammo for the classes. Also, handguns should be made available to the students if they do not own one. The wait to enter a class should be no more than two weeks! That way, there would be no stalling by anti-gun politicians or bureaucrats. Let's make our tax dollars go for something worthwhile for a change!

Think about it. It would create a lot of ranges, because of the teaching needed. Because of the no waiting, it would be necessary to have plenty of staff, so it would create jobs. Because of it being Gov't, they would be good paying jobs with good benefits. Heck, I may be on the idea that solvers this whole depression we are in right now!! LOL!!

Since all background checks could be made at the training site via the NCIS system, the Student is issued the Training Completion Certificate at the end of the class. They go home with the Certificate, and can carry on the way home, concealed or open.

Since all background checks could be made at the training site via the NCIS system, the Student is issued the Training Completion Certificate at the end of the class. They go home with the Certificate, and can carry on the way home, concealed or open.

That reminds me of an interesting anecdote our CCW instructor described when i took my training.

He holds the classroom portion of the training at a Holiday Inn near the city limits, and does live fire exercises at a private range out in the country, several miles away. The students drive from the motel to the range.

On one occasion, it seems that one LE departments had set up a "license check" on the route to the shooting range site. So while the instructor was completely legal, he was being followed by about 25 cars with drivers/passengers who were armed, but obviously had no carry permits.

He explained the situation to the LEOs, showed his credentials, and the LEOs were understanding, and didn't hassle any of the students.

That reminds me of an interesting anecdote our CCW instructor described when i took my training.

He holds the classroom portion of the training at a Holiday Inn near the city limits, and does live fire exercises at a private range out in the country, several miles away. The students drive from the motel to the range.

On one occasion, it seems that one LE departments had set up a "license check" on the route to the shooting range site. So while the instructor was completely legal, he was being followed by about 25 cars with drivers/passengers who were armed, but obviously had no carry permits.

He explained the situation to the LEOs, showed his credentials, and the LEOs were understanding, and didn't hassle any of the students.

Now that IS funny!!!

And to add to the training part:

Since we have a Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms anyway, the Federal Govt, or State, which ever one you think, should be giving the training classes. They should have to staff them, have NCIS system availability right there for instant background checks, and provide the ammo for the classes. Also, handguns should be made available to the students if they do not own one. The wait to enter a class should be no more than two weeks! That way, there would be no stalling by anti-gun politicians or bureaucrats. Let's make our tax dollars go for something worthwhile for a change!

Think about it. It would create a lot of ranges, because of the teaching needed. Because of the no waiting, it would be necessary to have plenty of staff, so it would create jobs. Because of it being Gov't, they would be good paying jobs with good benefits. Heck, I may be on the idea that solvers this whole depression we are in right now!! LOL!!

GOV5, what are you thinking? Your plan makes sense, but you are expecting the GOVERNMENT to take a plan that makes perfectly good sense and actually carry it out? A really good plan with guns involved? The government will never have any of that, you and I already know that. I like your idea though.

GOV5, what are you thinking? Your plan makes sense, but you are expecting the GOVERNMENT to take a plan that makes perfectly good sense and actually carry it out? A really good plan with guns involved? The government will never have any of that, you and I already know that. I like your idea though.

Yeah, I guess I just got delusional for a minute there. Gov't, guns, doing it right? What the heck was I thinking? LOL!!

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back