Here is an excellent article on the travon martin case and "Stand Your Ground" law

Disagree with he unfair statement that more people will die if Zimmerman is freed. Similar statements came from Brady Campaign when FL wanted to pass concealed carry, "their will be blood in the streets, gunfights, none of which has taken place, in fact every state that allows carry has had a reduction of crime of one type or another even though population may have increased. Although Texas just passed the Castle Doctrine, I have always had the right to self defense at home or away. At home I chose not to retreat, on the street, smarts dictates that I be aware of my surroundings and avoid, if at all possible, a conflict situation. The Law is not the problem, the law when read and understood stands the test of any intelligent read. My two cents, but with or without the law enter my home without my permission, with intent on robbery or harm to myself or my family you will have a possible lethal issue. On the streets, will try to avoid, but if myself or my family is unable to avoid the problem you may still have a lethal response. Peace, Love, Colt 45.

Disagree with he unfair statement that more people will die if Zimmerman is freed. Similar statements came from Brady Campaign when FL wanted to pass concealed carry, "their will be blood in the streets, gunfights, none of which has taken place, in fact every state that allows carry has had a reduction of crime of one type or another even though population may have increased. Although Texas just passed the Castle Doctrine, I have always had the right to self defense at home or away. At home I chose not to retreat, on the street, smarts dictates that I be aware of my surroundings and avoid, if at all possible, a conflict situation. The Law is not the problem, the law when read and understood stands the test of any intelligent read. My two cents, but with or without the law enter my home without my permission, with intent on robbery or harm to myself or my family you will have a possible lethal issue. On the streets, will try to avoid, but if myself or my family is unable to avoid the problem you may still have a lethal response. Peace, Love, Colt 45.

I cannot speak to how the op meant that comment, but I agree, for the reason that I believe race riots will result in many innocent people being hurt or killed.

Overall I've seen nothing to substantiate the prosecutions charges and believe that the politically motivated prosecution of a man simply to appease a racial minority is atrocious. Specially when that minority was roused to such a vicious frenzy through outright lies, manipulation of facts and the manufacturing of libelous national news.

As to rioting .........
2ceq3xt_th.jpg
........... they loot and burn their own neighborhoods

it's only the ignorant and racist fools that may go on a rampage if zimmerman is exonerated as they try to seek vengeance for what they were led to believe was a race hate crime
chances are those who do were racists from the get go and just want to use that case to justify their own willingness to harm folks they so ignorantly despise

This reminds me of the Mary Phagan murder.

I think this Florida prosecutor thinks of herself in a "Hugh Dorsey" type of scenario.

I believe she should be thinking of "Mike Nifong" instead!

-Doc

:no:...tell me about i live in Miami and i already can feel like things are getting tense...well go ahead i have my ccp...dont tread on me...a Nam Vet..!!

I tried to read the article but the ads kept covering it up until I finally gave up on it. I know that you have to have advertisers to pay for the Internet but some get carried away.

I sincerely hope not...It was terrible when we saw the rioting in LA from the plane.

We saw it from the ground, up close and personal. I really don't think we'll see anything like that happen here in the Huntsville, AL area, but I wouldn't bet against seeing it more or less nationwide in the bigger metropolitan areas. 'Course, the longer they drag out the trial, the more people will calm down. Hard to predict though. Just have to wait and see.

Blues

'Course, the longer they drag out the trial, the more people will calm down. Hard to predict though. Just have to wait and see.
Blues
I'm sure that Obama has put in his word that he will need these riots about mid-October. Expect some comments from him or Holder as the trial progresses to keep people worked up.

The average person in LA was not armed, elsewhere will not be good for the rioters.

It may be a minor distinction, but the average person was not *legally* armed. They were, however, armed to the teeth. And where they made a visible show of force, they largely succeeded in protecting their property.

Predictably, the media played the race card by highlighting the fact that Korean business people organized against the black hoards, but they were hardly the only ones, either business or private, community-based ad-hock "organizations."

58852252.jpg

article-2135510-12C6D0C2000005DC-166_634x417.jpg

I lived about 40 - 50 blocks from the area those pics were taken. Spontaneous neighborhood watch groups sprang up within a couple or three hours of Reginald Denny getting beaten to within an inch of his life on live TV. Not all were armed, but many were, probably none of them legal if outside their homes, but that ol' axiom about being judged by 12 rather than carried by 6 kicked in, and the cops scurried away and let it escalate unopposed for the first 12 hours anyway. It was all left up to the citizens. Some hunkered down, some strapped up and booted up, and some got the Hell out of Dodge, but there was definitely armed resistance to the rioters, and it was fairly widespread.

Blues

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back