Here is a rumor that I recently came across

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
Christian churches may at some point lose tax exempt status because Christians speak out on issues that involve actual morals and by large majority voted against the Obama political machine.
Many of the lefty loonies view God and religion as cult like activities and embrace Islam, Hinduism, witchcraft, homosexuality, athiests and agnostics with open arms.

Those of us that are Catholic, Christian, Jewish or Charismatic will be in for a world of hurt in a few short years.:angry:

As I read scripture that time is coming. The church through out the ages has suffered persecution. We should not be surprised. It will only get worse.

Don't lump all non-Christian/ jewish religions together as bad. Most of the worlds religions teach peace, love, moral values, not to harm others and generally good behavior. That would include Buddism, Hinduism and even Wicca.
I'm a Christian but I can see, learn and appreciate the wisdom other faiths have to offer. Your heart can belong to God, but you can still learn from others.

To the best of my knowledge there's only one religion that teaches hatred and death to non-believers. That would be Islam.

Many of the lefty loonies view God and religion as cult like activities and embrace Islam, Hinduism, witchcraft, homosexuality, athiests and agnostics with open arms.

Those of us that are Catholic, Christian, Jewish or Charismatic will be in for a world of hurt in a few short years.:angry:

I would say as many lefty loonies view God and religion as cult like activities as righty loonies view religions/ways of life other than Christianity as cult like activities. Let’s not forget the past atrocities like the Spanish Inquisition, the crusades, the Salem witch hunt, the holocaust, etc... We Christians are not always in the right, we can't let our fear of being persecuted by the liberals turn us into something that is unchristian.

Oh and btw, Catholics are Christians...:wink:

Last edited:
This is not a rumor butan actual threat and has been going on for many years. IRS guidelines prohibit churches from engaging in political activities and have threatened several churches that have been very actively involved with the political process with loss of tax exempt status. This has been going on for about 15 years and actually has nothing to do with morals or religion. One of the problems with the IRS threats is that they were only directed at white churches where black churches have been very actively involved with politics for decades.

I do not remember which churches were involved but it is nothing new.

I am brand new to this site, but this is right up my alley. I couldn't help but notice the statement about black churches not being called on the carpet by the IRS for such infractions. Rev Wright, Father Flager, and the likes have run their reign of terror without any repurcussions. Which BTW, I use those titles with regret. I am an ordained minister, and I would dare spew the filth that have come from these individuals mouths. Why won't the IRS charge them?

This is not a rumor butan actual threat and has been going on for many years. IRS guidelines prohibit churches from engaging in political activities and have threatened several churches that have been very actively involved with the political process with loss of tax exempt status. This has been going on for about 15 years and actually has nothing to do with morals or religion. One of the problems with the IRS threats is that they were only directed at white churches where black churches have been very actively involved with politics for decades.

I do not remember which churches were involved but it is nothing new.

+1, FN1910. The truth shall set us free.

I was referring to the classification of religion

I would say as many lefty loonies view God and religion as cult like activities as righty loonies view religions/ways of life other than Christianity as cult like activities. Let’s not forget the past atrocities like the Spanish Inquisition, the crusades, the Salem witch hunt, the holocaust, etc... We Christians are not always in the right, we can't let our fear of being persecuted by the liberals turn us into something that is unchristian.

I was referring to the classification of religion not the fact of whether or not a person is saved by the blood of Christ...Good point of contention on your part though.

If you look at the left's agenda, you will see Gay and lesbian rights what may very well be the end of the conventional family in the USA. I for one don't want to see kids being raised by Uncle Bill and Aunt Bob.

You will also see a warm embrace of anything not Christian in nature because it goes against the grain of
Homosexuality, Abortion, and many other sociopathetic conditions embraced by those far left of center.

When I was in the USAF at Holloman AFB there was a huge mass grave found just south of the Border where men, women and children were killed ritualistically in Satanic worship and this still goes on to this day. The far left's agenda made Satanism a valid religion by forcing the US military to grant Wiccan and Satanists the right to claim Halloween as a religious holiday instead of Christmas if they could prove their faith.

I know that these are extreme examples of what is there but nonetheless these examples exist because there are some folks out there who have been bitten with the evil bug and so far there does not seem to be much of a cure!

Christian churches may at some point lose tax exempt status because Christians speak out on issues that involve actual morals and by large majority voted against the Obama political machine.

All I heard was that churches may lose tax-exempt status by endorsing candidates. That has been the law for a while - and it was put into practice by LBJ, but despite that, I think it's good policy that tends to protect churches from the corruption of politics.

There have been rumors about taking a position on moral issues - but as far as I know, there's absolutely nothing to it.

All I heard was that churches may lose tax-exempt status by endorsing candidates. That has been the law for a while - and it was put into practice by LBJ, but despite that, I think it's good policy that tends to protect churches from the corruption of politics.

There have been rumors about taking a position on moral issues - but as far as I know, there's absolutely nothing to it.

There are quite a few black churches that endorsed Obama and in fact the democrat candidate every election. Is this law just for churches that endorse conservative candidates?

There are quite a few black churches that endorsed Obama and in fact the democrat candidate every election. Is this law just for churches that endorse conservative candidates?
If there's evidence available that a particular church endorsed any political candidate, it should be reported to the IRS.

Churches still have a lot of leeway. They can allow candidates to be recognized in a service, they can discuss a candidate, and make references to their policies. They just can't tell you that you should vote for X or Y person, is all.

If there's evidence available that a particular church endorsed any political candidate, it should be reported to the IRS.

Churches still have a lot of leeway. They can allow candidates to be recognized in a service, they can discuss a candidate, and make references to their policies. They just can't tell you that you should vote for X or Y person, is all.

Actually, their freedom of speech does allow them to say whatever they want. Most of them, however, for fear of losing their tax exempt status, don't.

Can we, PLEASE, not lump all liberals together? I'm not a Christian but I practice the Golden Rule as a rule. I'm a liberal and I like my guns. I know I'm in the minority, but to lump me together with ALL THE OTHER LIBERALS is not fair. It's demeaning. Maybe we can use the word "Anti's" rather than liberals? I'm sure you don't intend to offend, and really I'm not taking offense, just trying to educate.

Here is one in our area that I know did.

Link Removed
Was it done in an actual service?

I know there were a lot of churches around the country that endorsed McCain as a challenge to the rule, but no real enforcement action was taken on it. It's possible that the IRS decided to let things slide this time, but may take violations more seriously next time around.

While the subject is up, people like T.D. Jakes and Benny Hinn are basically just leading highly profitable cults. "Prosperity gospel" is the manifestation of greed within faith, and a gross perversion of the teachings of Christ. These clowns should be run out of church on a rail. I've been to several of these services in person, and the blasphemy and misteaching of the Bible was unbelievable.

Was it done in an actual service?

I know there were a lot of churches around the country that endorsed McCain as a challenge to the rule, but no real enforcement action was taken on it. It's possible that the IRS decided to let things slide this time, but may take violations more seriously next time around.

While the subject is up, people like T.D. Jakes and Benny Hinn are basically just leading highly profitable cults. "Prosperity gospel" is the manifestation of greed within faith, and a gross perversion of the teachings of Christ. These clowns should be run out of church on a rail. I've been to several of these services in person, and the blasphemy and misteaching of the Bible was unbelievable.

I agree. I call them the blab it grab it preachers. I give my offerings to my local church where at least I can see what they are doing. Where there is some accountability.

I agree. I call them the blab it grab it preachers. I give my offerings to my local church where at least I can see what they are doing. Where there is some accountability.

Which is the way it should be. Too bad we can't do the same with our government.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back