Help with this scenario, please.

I'm still trying to figure out what color of bike people ride has anything to do with it? Or is it like the evil black "assault" rifles that we here so much about? Can't people riding orange, red, green, blue or white bikes be just as dangerous as those riding black bikes?

'Sounds kind of like a discrimanatory gathering to me.

Too much to post here with regards to black bike week. Kinda surprised no one has heard of all the shenanigans. Just google it. Pretty much the biggest lawlessness charade in the lower 48 every single year. Gotten so bad that the governor has stepped in & all but demanded the event stop happening. It's bad.

We're gonna be at Surfside Beach, which is south of Myrtle Beach where the event happens, but spillage happens, I'm sure.
I've been in MB during Black Bike Week. It was very interesting. Just stay aware of your surroundings and maintain a low profile.

Too much to post here with regards to black bike week. Kinda surprised no one has heard of all the shenanigans. Just google it. Pretty much the biggest lawlessness charade in the lower 48 every single year. Gotten so bad that the governor has stepped in & all but demanded the event stop happening. It's bad.

We're gonna be at Surfside Beach, which is south of Myrtle Beach where the event happens, but spillage happens, I'm sure.

Are you at all familiar with the rule of stupids ?

OK, a whole bunch of family is going to the beach this weekend. On Saturday night, 6 of us plan to go out to eat.

Help me out with this.....when we get up in the morning & go down to the beach, I'll consume some beer. Well, around 4:00ish I'm sure I'll come in, shower up, & get ready to go out to eat. Now, given that I've drank some beers previously in the day, can I no longer carry my pistol with me (Yes. I'm a CWP holder)? I know the law about carrying & not drinking while carrying, but my consumption will have happened a couple of hours prior to going out. Given Black Bike Week is going on just up the road from where we'll be, & given the history of that event, I'd like to be carrying.....but I don't wanna be a law breaker in doing so.

Help is appreciated. Thanks.
Alcohol and firearms don't mix. Pick one.

You seem to be anxious about Black Bike Week happening in Myrtle Beach while you're there. If that's really a concern to you, it would seem even more important that you stay sober for maximum situational awareness and reaction capability.
I agree 100% with this post!
I would also like to add, avoid the area of the event if you feel uncomfortable. I’ve seen the news reports just like everyone else about the past history. However, I’ve also seen similar reports on regular bike week.
As a former biker who used to attend this event regularly, mainstream media has a way of twisting things. An altercation between two bikers is broadcast as a “battle between mc clubs”.
Things get really nasty and someone gets shot ( very rare occurrence) it’s “ shootout between rival mc’s”.
We’ve had 2 shootings in the last month in my small town. Both were ordinary people who had a disagreement and it turned bad.
But keep in mind, sadly no matter where you go there is the potential of a criminal element. Just because bike week comes to town, that doesn’t mean that element goes away.
Should you carry? Yes! Sober and with a clear head. Situational awareness, judgment and reaction time are everything!
Have a great time! But do it responsibly and safely!

And if the owner of an establishment wishes to take a vacation and closes his shop, they will sue for large damages and win.. It has happened to a Breakfast Place on MP near the Pavilion. Cost them millions.

Law is law, but what happens when you have to shoot someone and you've got a BAC that exceeds 0.0 ?
The vultures love to eat that stuff up.
Guess who becomes the "victim of a shooting" while you spend hundreds of thousands in vulture fees to show you were in the right to draw and fire?
Better safe than sorry, even if you've got the money to burn...
My understanding of the law is that the "operating a firearm while under the influence" part of the law does not apply when defending yourself or others.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back