Help with my 20 MOA base

KimberPB

I have a savage model 10fp in .308 topped with a Bushnell Elite 4200 mil dot scope (roughly 40 total internal MOA of elevation). My goal was to use this to kind get started with some longer range shooting, 600 to 800 yards. My goal was to zero the scope in at 200 yard and still have enough internal MOA adjustment to be able to dial it in out to 800 yard. So I decided to try a 20 moa base hoping I'd be able to zero it at 200 yard without having to use up to much elevation.

I took it to the range last weekend and tried it out on the 100 yard line (200 yard range was closed for a competition). I knew it was going to shot a little high at 100 but with the scope bottomed out it was hitting 3 feet high. I had to set the scope to 6x and use the second to the top mil to get on target. Shooting this high I don't see it being able to be zeroed at 200.

Is this normal for the 20 moa bases? I'm thinking this just may not be the setup to meet my needs and may go back to a standard base. I figured I'd get some feed back from the experts before I decided. Thanks guys.

you've got a mess on your hands

It takes at least 27 MOA to get to 800 yards. I would suggest you measure the taper and talk with the MFG about what is going on.

It takes at least 27 MOA to get to 800 yards. I would suggest you measure the taper and talk with the MFG about what is going on.

Thanks for the info Festus! I measured it the other day I just need to call and verify it's in spec.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back