Help me spend my bonus....

KimberPB

I just had my yearly review last week and found out I'll be getting a rather nice bonus. I'm going to banks half of it but would like to treat myself to something nice with the rest. I was thinking of investing in a nice gun safe. I'd also had been looking at a FNP-45 but would want to hold one before I made my mind up on that. Or maybe a threaded barrel for my sig and a 9mm suppressor.

So you guys know of any good gun safes? Or what would you buy if you could blow a grand?

Let me see... I'm guessing you'll be needing my routing and checking account numbers for direct deposit:laugh:

I'm in a similarly fortunate spot also. With my $1000 I'll put $800 on an AAC Evo40 and $200 to SBR an AR. I need to come up with $200 more for the can but by the time the papers return from the BATFE, I'll have it.

I also have an incoming bonus and am planning on spreading it this way:

1. Beretta CX-4 Storm in .40 with a red dot, tac scope and at least 4 mags.

Up until now I had been resisting the urge to get into AR's but am finally deciding to go for an AR-styled, tactical carbine. The Beretta looks like the choice so far based upon reviews, specs and general ergonomics. Oh, and the under $1,000 price tag leaves room for the red dot and scope.

2. Either an SD(M) or S&W MP in .40.

The MP shoots as well or better than my normal carry and may be my new #1. OTH, the SD(M) has reportedly good ergonomics and specs.

3. Still considering a home defense shotgun.

So far the Remington 870 pump has the nod - classic, solid and excellent value.

Anyway, my thoughts.

I'm in a similarly fortunate spot also. With my $1000 I'll put $800 on an AAC Evo40 and $200 to SBR an AR. I need to come up with $200 more for the can but by the time the papers return from the BATFE, I'll have it.

Those AAC suppressors look really nice! I thought about getting a SBR stamp also and atlease building a 9mm SBR upper with a suppressor.

You know that dad of yours has been nice to you, You may think of spending it on him. :pleasantry:

when I first saw the title I thought he wanted us to help spend the money. I had my list ready.:biggrin::biggrin:

All kidding aside if PB does not already have a gun safe that might not be a bad idea.

Last edited:
How big of a safe do you want? The last one I bought was at Tractor Supply. They had a 10% off sale just before Christmas. They don't have it online but if you have one near you check out the ones they have. The one I bought before the one I bought at tractor Supply is this one. Link Removed Great safe at a good price.

Last edited:
You know that dad of yours has been nice to you, You may think of spending it on him. :pleasantry:

Thats a great idea! I'll buy a nice big gun safe and he can store all his guns in it also!

Oh and I'm sure I'll have room for him to store some ammo also! :biggrin: :biggrin:

How big of a safe do you want? The last one I bought was at Tractor Supply. They had a 10% off sale just before Christmas. They don't have it online but if you have one near you check out the ones they have. The one I bought before the one I bought at tractor Supply is this one. Link Removed Great safe at a good price.

That's exactly what I had in mind Red Hat. That's a good price also.

Sadly, my bonus will be spent on going to Vegas with the Fiance......God I wish I could buy a new toy (or two). I too will be needing a larger safe this year. I like that Canon one you posted. Does it have alot of room for storage and hand guns?

I'm in the same boat with my tax refund and the cash back from refinancing my house. Better spend it now because Obama is going to take it back next year.

Already have bought much of my stuff.

Three low shelf AR-15 lower receivers from Essential Arms; should be here by St Patty's Day.
Reloading equipment, much of it is on back order from MidwayUSA.

Looking at some uppers now.

I'm also expecting a bonus this year. First time in a few years, and probably the last time for a few years (given the economy). I wish that I could spend half on guns (it will be close to 5 figures, before taxes). I do intend to pick up at least a compact .45. I haven't decided what yet.

I got some tax return money too. Got an AK shipping to me, and a Dillon 550 B. :biggrin:

BTW, if you don't have a gun safe yet, I would say that would be my first choice. Safety 1st bud.

Rethink the bank, PB! Please!!!

I'm going to banks half of it but would like to treat myself to something nice with the rest.

I would very strongly encourage you to buy some metal, either in parkerized or gold:laugh:

Seriously, the dollars that you save today will be worth considerably less a year from now. If you buy some gold (the kind you hold in your hand, not gold certificates) you will be much better off a year from now.

Congratulations on the bonus!!!

Well, guys and gals I spent a little of the bonus today. I posted pics in the long gun section. Check it out.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back