• Rifle - Remmy 770

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Rifle - Mossy 464

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rifle - Marlin 336

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
Benelli Nova Pump Shotgun

If you're getting back into hunting then you need a shotgun. While I like the Remington 870, I'd recommend the Benelli Nova Pump. My buddy just picked up a 3.5" magnum with 26" barrel and 3 factory chokes in excellent condition for $250. Brand new runs between $350-$400.

So my vote is: Other - Benelli Nova Pump

shotty

I was going to stay out of the shotty debate, but unless you are going to take one of those professional shotgun combat courses where you run through 2000rds in 3 days any of the shotguns mentioned will be fine.

I have a NEF Pardner Pump that is a clone of the 870. Paid $169 new. Fellas, don't knock it 'til you have tried it.
To let you know Remington is owned by Freedom Group. Alot of different branded firearms get their parts off the same manufacturing line.

About Freedom Group, Inc.
Freedom Group is the world’s leading innovator, designer, manufacturer, and marketer of firearms, ammunition, and related products for the hunting, shooting sports, law enforcement, and military markets. As one of the largest manufacturers in the world of firearms and ammunition, we have some of the most globally recognized brands including Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS/Panther Arms, Marlin, Harrington & Richardson, New England Firearms, L.C. Smith, Parker, EOTAC, and INTC.
They have also newly aquired Dakota Arms.
Link Removed

Agreed the 590 is an excellent gun for self defense, I particularly like the safety set up. Don't quite know what a "heavy walled barrel" is.

I suggested the 870 primarily because it can serve not only self defense but as an excellent field gun, with a Remchoke barrel addition.

Barrel is just a little thicker gauge steel. The thinner, lighter one that comes with the 500 would most likely be o.k. if not to many rounds were used but I think the heavier one will last longer if you do a lot of shooting.

If you can't buy two at one time just buy the one you like the best. If you don't you'll regret it until you do buy your favorite. :biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back