Help me buy an AK.

Redding

Just to clarify, I don't know much about them other than that most gun owners rave about their reliability and simplicity. I also know that if I own one that, according to some, I will eventually go on a violent, bloody rampage due to the guns inherent evil "assault weapon" voodoo power.:D:confused: That being said....help me in finding the most inexpensive yet reliable AK. I know that there are several variations and I would love everyone's insight. Also, if you all could point me in the direction of where to purchase one for the best price, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

I put mine together. I started with a DPMS lower and built it up from there. It cost me just over $700.00 to build. And the lower is the only thing you have to get from a FFL dealer the rest you can pick up as you get the money for it. The other nice thing about doing it this way is you can build it just the way you like. You can go to ar15.com and look around some good info there

Last edited:
+1 on the gun show.
That is usually the best place to find most guns. My brother got a Romanian AK for $300 at a gun show last year. People always talk bad about Romanian mfg guns, but my brother never had a problem with his. Those are among the cheaper AK's too. You can always try gunsamerica.com, gunbroker.com but you need an FFL for that. Centerfiresystems.com has one for $285 new, but it's single stack mags only. Good luck.

AIM Surplus has folding stock Romanian WASRs for $350 with 3 30 rd mags as of 04/20/08. Typical low cost AK. Just got one- haven't had time to shoot it. Ugly as a mud fence, but I didn't buy it for elegance. If Red Chinese paratroopers start dropping out of the sky it should do just fine.

The single stack guns are hard to find mags for. Standard cap mags are cheap and ubiquitous.

AAck! Gork! Receiving messages from it- must go on rampage! AAh- there got my grounded tinfoil hat back on to protect my brain from theose evil EBR emanations. Remember- tinfoil hats must be grounded to work.

Last edited:
yes,I am familiar with AIM surplus.They usually have good deals.Also try Southern Ohio Guns,and centerfiresystems,inc.They both carry AK's.

I have a romanian ak-47 that I bought at the local gun range when I lived in utah. I paid about 360 for it after all was said and done. it's very reliable and very fun... I have 3 40 round mags for it. and I guess I have a strong resistance to evil as I have not yet gone on a shooting/killing rampage. good luck!

Just to clarify, I don't know much about them other than that most gun owners rave about their reliability and simplicity. I also know that if I own one that, according to some, I will eventually go on a violent, bloody rampage due to the guns inherent evil "assault weapon" voodoo power.:D:confused: That being said....help me in finding the most inexpensive yet reliable AK. I know that there are several variations and I would love everyone's insight. Also, if you all could point me in the direction of where to purchase one for the best price, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

I hear Miami has an overabundance of them. Check out each street corner!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back