Hello to all

Mr. Vegas

Hello I'm just posting up to introduce myself. I'm from Las Vegas, Going to take my CCW class on the 28th and hopefully get a permit. I've been shooting and hunting since childhood but have never had a permit to carry.

I have a custom 1911, and just picked up a Springfield xd .45 to carrry, No specific reason as to why I want to carry other than protection of my family and myself....anyhow I'm gonna fumble through the site for a while

Casey.

Welcome from AL... Wise choice in taking responsibility for your own safety. There are plenty of reasons in the news everyday to warrant carrying a firearm for protection. Make sure that you choose a comfortable and SAFE holster too!

Last edited:
Welcome to the site Mr Vegas.
You don't need to explain your reasoning for why you carry a gun. It is your inalienable right.

Welcome from Texas. There can be a number of good reasons for any and all of us to carry not the least of which is the fact that there are so many in our government that wants us disarmed.

Welcome from Florida. Tons of great info and people on here. Good luck with getting your permit and let us know how you like your XD45. I'm taking mine to the range tonight to break it in.

Welcome from Florida. Tons of great info and people on here. Good luck with getting your permit and let us know how you like your XD45. I'm taking mine to the range tonight to break it in.

first of all thanks for them welcome folks...and as far as the xd 45 i slipped out to the desert the other day and popped off 50 rounds, the gun is everything they say it is....I got the 4 inch service model and was concerned about accuraccy because I've only owned full size 5 inch 1911's but it was dead on.
I shot a 4 inch group at 40 yards...that was a 14 shot group pretty much one ragged hole....it shoots every bit as good as my custom 1911!! I went out and got a handall rubber grip sleeve for it( the handle was a little slippery made a big difference..

I found a site that sells aftermarket trigger parts to lighten the pull and refine it a little but doubt I'll do anything to it...doesn't really need it, I think I'll try to snag me a tactical 5 inch just for the gunsafe to keep it company hahaha....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back