Hearing protection when things go bump in the night

G50AE

Why? Well, I can only guess; but I suspect the body and brain have some sort of exclusionary auditory mechanism that can actually shut down the ears' ability to hear.

Neither am I the only person I've ever known to say this. I've heard comments like mine from other gunmen, too.
You are correct. Auditory exclusion is a documented medical phenomenon. It is a reaction to the adrenaline dump you will experience in a deadly force situation. Time perspective distortion is another reaction. Massad Ayoob documents these effects in some of his writings.

Cyr

Documented? Heck, I've actually lived through several of these very loud events without suffering any adverse hearing effects. Auditory exclusion doesn't happen all of the time; but, still, it does happen!

You are correct. Auditory exclusion is a documented medical phenomenon. It is a reaction to the adrenaline dump you will experience in a deadly force situation. Time perspective distortion is another reaction. Massad Ayoob documents these effects in some of his writings.
But auditory exclusion doesn't stop your hearing from being damaged

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshwells_22