Healthcare Bill (HR 3200): The Extra Scary Pages

I like my idea of:

IF you don't have certified pay records showing you have worked and paid taxes for 3½ years of the last 4 years, then NO RIGHT TO VOTE.

That means only workers who have paid taxes get to vote. There would be options for retired people to vote that worked for years paying taxes, etc.

That means:

People on welfare
People who don't work
People in the ghettos who don't work
NO VOTE.

That would have GUARANTEED things like Obama getting voted in could NOT have happened. Half the people who voted him in probably have never worked a day of their life, living on the dole. Living on hard working taxpayers tax money.

AND:

Congressmen and Senators would conduct their own voting on bills with their constituents (the people who voted them into their office, for or against) with each bill. If their constituents vote yes or no, then that IS the way they MUST vote on the bill, no matter how they want the vote to go. That IS the way it IS supposed to be NOW.
NOT the way the SOBs are doing it now, not paying attention to us. They are supposed to vote the way the majority of us want them to vote.

They need to be voted out in 2010. Enough of the idiot Reid, Pelosi, and some others who are running a dictatorship right now on us. IF Obama and Biden buy the farm, then Pelosi is our next President. That is scary.

OK I have a little problem with that sentance...... worked 6-7 days a week for the last 40 years and now I am retired, you realy need to think out your words before making rash statements....

My version is if you do not presently or have not payed property taxes, or some kind of wage related tax then your vote can be called into question with exceptions to those that have paid into the system for at least 10 years and are over 50 years of age with spousal inclusions after all someone has to stay home with the kids be it he or she.... (GM allows early retirement)

OK I have a little problem with that sentance...... worked 6-7 days a week for the last 40 years and now I am retired, you realy need to think out your words before making rash statements....

My version is if you do not presently or have not payed property taxes, or some kind of wage related tax then your vote can be called into question with exceptions to those that have paid into the system for at least 10 years and are over 50 years of age with spousal inclusions after all someone has to stay home with the kids be it he or she.... (GM allows early retirement)

I said:
There would be options for retired people to vote that worked for years paying taxes, etc.
You didn't read it all? I have BOTH your questions answered. The working for 40 years AND the etc covers the spouse. That would allow Mom who is 87 the right to vote, because she raised us kids. Yep, the etc works okay.

Does it not?

So, you want all the drug dealers and such be able to vote because they own property and pay taxes on it with money they get from selling drugs?

My way would work fine. IN FACT, it is basically in place right now. Every year I get a SS statement showing all my wages since I started working in 1966. Just give them to everyone instead of just to old geezers like me.

For the geezers, we could use those letters today to vote. Mine only shows 43 years of work, but hey, what the heck. Shows the amounts I made so you can add them up and see it took how many years to earn a million dollars? 127 years? I better get busy at that rate. :(

Really, I'm working on my 3rd million.

I gave up on the first two.

I worked a LOT of hours for 27 years and now I am cut back spending my retirement money. :)

OR:

After 27 years I got ZIP. NADA, ZERO for retirement. Had to buy the shop I ran for them all those years, taking the few dimes I DID have saved to buy that shop. I am 62 and will NEVER have enough money to retire. It is work the rest of my life.

BUT, I'll bet their are LOTS of people like me, going to HAVE to work until they die.

No Christmas this year for me. Just part of life I guess.

BUT!! Please don't let that stop all of you other members of USACarry having a WONDERFUL Christmas! The very best to all of you! (even you, Sheldon!!)

Ken Chevy
Salem, Oregon

I guess I can not stop writing to that notso dynamic duo we have here in Mich. The latest letter has been put into snail Priority Mail to Ms Stabmenow. She REALLY got under my skin the other day with her poster and attitude. Certainly conduct unbecoming of a Senator.

Dear Senator Stabenow:
I can not express enough how disappointed I am in this health care package. I am disgusted in the way that The Senate leadership wrote and/or discussed this very important bill behind closed doors. That really says a lot about the President’s promise of transparency and accountability. I am tired of the lies about the costs of this travesty to America, let alone devastation to the dying State of Michigan. I have a daughter with birth defects and a wife with Fibromyalgia, grandchildren with Asthma, ADHD, Bipolar issues so I do understand more than you realize what the insurance ramifications are to families. You are not fixing anything except taxing me for three years before providing no real reform. Are you kowtowing with the insurance companies or big pharmaceutical manufacturers? They appear to be the big winner here… Not my family, not Michigan, not the United States of America.

From what I have been reading and seeing on Senate Channel, your celebrations are unbecoming of a Senator. Certainly, unbecoming of a Michigan Senator. The manner in which you act is a direct reflection on me. I do not approve of the way you are behaving on the Senate Floor.
Senator Whitehouse’s remarks are totally unacceptable. There is no reason for this kind of behavior. “The 'birthers,' the fanatics, the people running around in right-wing militias and Aryan support groups, it is unbearable to them that President Obama should exist."

So, I have been an independent all of my adult life. I am a US Marine, 62 years old. My voting record has been based on candidates’ philosophy and resume. Because of the behavior of the Democratic Party with the closed door deals, the late night votes and the general arrogance that party is portraying, I am joining the Republican Party. I promise you that I will work and volunteer my time to make sure that as many local Democrats are defeated in the August and November elections in 2010 and again in 2012, with an extreme importance on the presidential and senatorial elections in 2012.
Sincerely,

Nicely done, Ricbak. I wish I had your patience and fortitude. As it is, I'm so disgusted and frustrated, I can't write anymore. What I would LIKE to do is go face-to-face with one of my reps and really let em have it (verbally, at this point). The spineless b-stards plant their faces all over the news and the papers but they never confront anyone who disagrees with them. All I get back are these f-ing form letters. My patience is WAY thin.

If we don't clean up the mess in 2010, then...I don't know...How in hell do we get control of them?

Thanks Guys, I know JJ, Wiphe caught the temper the other day when I let the ol' Marine out in some not too many letters in each word.
I would too like to go face to face, but Both of our nosodynamic duo keep their stuff to a minimum with little to no notice and alot of union guards around. They know that they are going to get more than an earful. Ms Stabmenow will only talk throught the liberal radio and TV people.
Semper Fi, I will not quit... Not until the mission is completed.... Successfully..

Ricbak, although not a vet, I get "semper fi" and I like to think I have as much fortitude as the next warrior. However, what about "adapt and overcome"? Writing letters to me is now like pounding my head into a brick wall. It's a tactic that has no force cause THEY ARE NOT LISTENING. They are obviously bent on imposing their will on the majority of American people who do not want what they are peddling. We need new tactics, IMHO.

Just me, brother. I'm open for correction, suggestions, encouragement as the case may be.

˙˙ʎןןnɟssǝɔɔns ˙˙˙˙pǝʇǝןdɯoɔ sı uoıssıɯ ǝɥʇ ןıʇun ʇou ˙˙˙ʇınb ʇou ןןıʍ ı 'ıɟ ɹǝdɯǝs
˙ǝןdoǝd ʌʇ puɐ oıpɐɹ ןɐɹǝqıן ǝɥʇ ʇɥƃnoɹɥʇ ʞןɐʇ ʎןuo ןןıʍ ʍouǝɯqɐʇs sɯ ˙ןnɟɹɐǝ uɐ uɐɥʇ ǝɹoɯ ʇǝƃ oʇ ƃuıoƃ ǝɹɐ ʎǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʇ ʍouʞ ʎǝɥʇ ˙punoɹɐ spɹɐnƃ uoıun ɟo ʇoןɐ puɐ ǝɔıʇou ou oʇ ǝןʇʇıן ɥʇıʍ ɯnɯıuıɯ ɐ oʇ ɟɟnʇs ɹıǝɥʇ dǝǝʞ onp ɔıɯɐuʎposou ɹno ɟo ɥʇoq ʇnq 'ǝɔɐɟ oʇ ǝɔɐɟ oƃ oʇ ǝʞıן ooʇ pןnoʍ ı
˙pɹoʍ ɥɔɐǝ uı sɹǝʇʇǝן ʎuɐɯ ooʇ ʇou ǝɯos uı ʇno ǝuıɹɐɯ ,ןo ǝɥʇ ʇǝן ı uǝɥʍ ʎɐp ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ɹǝdɯǝʇ ǝɥʇ ʇɥƃnɐɔ ǝɥdıʍ 'ɾɾ ʍouʞ ı 'sʎnƃ sʞuɐɥʇ

She is probably used to that, isn't she? LOL

I said:
You didn't read it all? I have BOTH your questions answered. The working for 40 years AND the etc covers the spouse. That would allow Mom who is 87 the right to vote, because she raised us kids. Yep, the etc works okay.

Does it not?

So, you want all the drug dealers and such be able to vote because they own property and pay taxes on it with money they get from selling drugs?
My way would work fine. IN FACT, it is basically in place right now. Every year I get a SS statement showing all my wages since I started working in 1966. Just give them to everyone instead of just to old geezers like me.

For the geezers, we could use those letters today to vote. Mine only shows 43 years of work, but hey, what the heck. Shows the amounts I made so you can add them up and see it took how many years to earn a million dollars? 127 years? I better get busy at that rate. :(

Really, I'm working on my 3rd million.

I gave up on the first two.

I worked a LOT of hours for 27 years and now I am cut back spending my retirement money. :)

OR:

After 27 years I got ZIP. NADA, ZERO for retirement. Had to buy the shop I ran for them all those years, taking the few dimes I DID have saved to buy that shop. I am 62 and will NEVER have enough money to retire. It is work the rest of my life.

BUT, I'll bet their are LOTS of people like me, going to HAVE to work until they die.

No Christmas this year for me. Just part of life I guess.

BUT!! Please don't let that stop all of you other members of USACarry having a WONDERFUL Christmas! The very best to all of you! (even you, Sheldon!!)

Ken Chevy
Salem, Oregon

Yeah I'm guilty of reading the header but to make a statement like that you must do a follow up in the same sentence, re read you story flow...

As to drug dealers paying taxes of any kind... you are kidding right? If they were stupid enough to claim the vast sums of money they handle in cash form in their taxes it would send up a huge red flag and they would be arrested by the feds... So they do not pay SS, or contribute to society in any way shape or form, they are total bottom feeding leaches on humankind.

Druggies owning property again you must be kidding, they rent so when their houses get raided, burn down, or are shot up they do not loose anything, they just move on and ruin another area... Their most recent con is to buy up old motor homes and use them as portable drug labs and distribution centers dumping them when they get too hot.....

So no by my criteria they would not be on the voting register and neither would anyone that rents, they need other qualifiers. Which brings me to one more point Convicts in prison should not be allowed t vote either....

When I was young I recieved a real cheap lesson, a guy on payday was running around screaming mad, they had garnished his check and only left him a few dollars. I asked what was up and was told he had a new home, new cars, motorcycles, ATVs snowmobiles, and was due to retire in about 90 days, he spent all of his check on toys regularly, and I said thats not going to happen to me.....

Mom n Dad did not have much but they knew how to live modestly and save...

In the years before retirement I saved, invested, said that SS will be broke by the time I qualify, and if the democrats keep it up that will be true, but I invested heavily for my and the family's future, never taking any out for anything, letting it all snowball, buying used and driving old cars until the wheels were about to fall off them, kept the family vacations modest, spent most of my vacations for the first 20 years at home working on house projects, kept the toys few, far apart and low end... When the house need a new roof, I took a vacation stripped it off and re did it my self with the help of a few friends, when I needed a new septic system, I contracted the hole to be dug and did the rest my self.... I painted when it was needed, dug and laid the stone to for the landscapeing.... and when anything broke I fixed it my self, the only thing I could not do was replace the compressor on the re-fridge when it went bad but I did replace it when it was on the PU....

Many of my coworkers lived check to check, bought the new cars every few years, took the big vacations, bought the big toys, big homes, new furniture and re did the interior regularly, they never climbed a ladder, dug a hole, lifted a hand to maintain their property, cars, lawn mowers, and now I am retired and they are still working trying to make ends meet...

Golly this kind of sounds like the children's story of the "Ant and the Grasshopper"...... The moral to this is toys are fun for the now but what about tomorrow....

I would like to know exactly who voted for and who voted against this bill. That way we can pay them for what they have done to this country next november! Does anyone have a link to the list.

Yeah I'm guilty of reading the header but to make a statement like that you must do a follow up in the same sentence, re read you story flow...

As to drug dealers paying taxes of any kind... you are kidding right? If they were stupid enough to claim the vast sums of money they handle in cash form in their taxes it would send up a huge red flag and they would be arrested by the feds... So they do not pay SS, or contribute to society in any way shape or form, they are total bottom feeding leaches on humankind.

Druggies owning property again you must be kidding, they rent so when their houses get raided, burn down, or are shot up they do not loose anything, they just move on and ruin another area... Their most recent con is to buy up old motor homes and use them as portable drug labs and distribution centers dumping them when they get too hot.....

So no by my criteria they would not be on the voting register and neither would anyone that rents, they need other qualifiers. Which brings me to one more point Convicts in prison should not be allowed t vote either....

Okay, we are talking about two different parts of the drug program. You are talking about the guys standing on the street corner and one or two levels above them.
I am talking about the people that make millions of $ a year and DO own vast amounts of property... who we DO read about in the paper OFTEN when they get caught and the RICO law comes into effect. I am amazed at the amount of property and things they own. Usually NOT in their name. I thought I read about BHO being connected to one, his neighbor supposedly and some property back in Chicago.

Quite interesting how they catch those drug lords sometimes. Millions and millions of dollars, all from drugs. Owning all kinds of property.
And the ones that launder money. Owning businesses to be able to get the drug money into use by running it through one of their front businesses, paying taxes on it. You don't read about those either I suppose. That is okay. It doesn't matter. The bitching and moaning that goes on on these forums don't matter one way of the other with what goes on in the USofA.

But no, I'm not kidding, LOTS of the bigger drug lords HAVE to pay taxes or they wouldn't be able to spend their money.
Lots try, lots end up in prison, which is bad. Go over to France, see if they have some guillotines we can borrow/have. Pop the heads off on national TV.
At least a few of the people would get the idea it wasn't good to deal in drugs. No prison, just a quick little snick and throw the body and head in the incinerator, then you just have a few ashes to dump in the garbage. That would work okay for certain rape cases and murders too.

Oh, wait. This is the USofA. We give those people a couple years, slap their hand and tell them "DON'T get caught again." But, a lot do.

Take drunk drivers. HOW do you stop them from driving? They don't care if they have a license or not. Some end up killing people. Been arrested for DUII 10 or MORE times. Then the kill someone while driving drunk. Kill those bastards! Nope, not going to happen. They didn't mean to do that, yada yada yada.

Go ahead and think I am kidding. It makes NO difference, one way or the other.
Being on these forums is just a way for us users to bitch and moan and NO ONE cares. No new laws are passed because of what we say. No one goes to prison because of what we say.

The wife doesn't even make us go to our room without dinner because of what we say on these forums.

It is just a way for a lot of us to socialize, or, or... or maybe to see if they can push a button or two and get someone riled up. LOL

It's all in fun. Christmas eve in about 8-10 hours, is everyone ready who "does" Christmas eve? And you that "do" Christmas day, you have a long time yet before the present opening. LOL

My place is easy, no tree, no presents, no big dinner tomorrow. Sometimes I HATE being poor. But, lots have it worse than me. I have lights and heat, hot and cold running water. But missing a wife. That really makes my Christmas a bummer. Such is life.

That's funny, thank you for the laugh! LOL I never thought about it MUST be written a CERTAIN way or some? LOTS? of people reading what I write CAN'T understand what I said?

It HAS to be in the same paragraph or their attention span loses their train of thought?? WOW!!

I wouldn't be doing it to just jerk peoples chains, would I? Ooops. LOL

DID I jerk hard enough that someone stopped reading and started ranting in reply? LOL That is GREAT! I LOVE IT. Thank you Sheldon.

These forums bring MANY smiles to my face. Thank you EVERYONE!!

But now...

The best part is now they allllll have to come home. For a month. And I'm guessing the only ones that will be very comfortable leaving their homes is Dr. Coburn, Mr. Inhofe and Mr. DeMint. Everyone else will have to mingle with us, the dirty unwashed, and there will be questions, with varying degrees of intensity for each. I'm sure of that.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back