Headed to Myrtle Beach

DrDavidM

My wife and I are off to Myrtle beach next week for our anniversary. Are there any carry laws other than the obvious I need to watch out for. I have reviewed the SC law enforcement website and it looks pretty clear. I just wanted to make sure no strange laws were hiding out there.
thanks

Congrat on your anniversary, Just be sure if your stopped for any reason you present you ccp with your drivers licens to the officer, oh and visit Myrtle Beach indoor rang, its on 17bypass south.. 2 lites after you pass Strand mall. agian congrats, have a safe trip.. enjoy MB :=)

Did you read up on the sign requirements? Just because there is a sign doesn't mean you can't carry. Have fun I know you will!

Here are the Sign requirements:

SECTION 23-31-235. Sign requirements.

(A) Notwithstanding any other provision of this article, any requirement of or allowance for the posting of signs prohibiting the carrying of a concealable weapon upon any premises shall only be satisfied by a sign expressing the prohibition in both written language interdict and universal sign language.

(B) All signs must be posted at each entrance into a building where a concealable weapon permit holder is prohibited from carrying a concealable weapon and must be:

(1) clearly visible from outside the building;

(2) eight inches wide by twelve inches tall in size;

(3) contain the words “NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED” in black one inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;

(4) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle seven inches in diameter with a diagonal line that runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty five degree angle from the horizontal;

(5) a diameter of a circle; and

(6) placed not less than forty inches and not more than sixty inches from the bottom of the building’s entrance door.

(C) If the premises where concealable weapons are prohibited does not have doors, then the signs contained in subsection (A) must be:

(1) thirty six inches wide by forty eight inches tall in size;

(2) contain the words “NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED” in black three inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;

(3) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle thirty four inches in diameter with a diagonal line that is two inches wide and runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty five degree angle from the horizontal and must be a diameter of a circle whose circumference is two inches wide;

(4) placed not less than forty inches and not more than ninety six inches above the ground;

(5) posted in sufficient quantities to be clearly visible from any point of entry onto the premises.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back