hb17 pased senate

bellyfat

i see, the nc senate passed the hb17 yesterday, 3/26/13.
does anyone know if the governor will sign it?
this bill removes cc pemit holders from public disclosure.

the thing about NC that gets me when I have to be there is the disarming when going anyplace that charges an admission whether posted or not.

the thing about NC that gets me when I have to be there is the disarming when going anyplace that charges an admission whether posted or not.
That's not what HB17 was about, it prevent the media from obtaining the names and addresses of CHP holders. Several newspapers have requested this information this year, and in some cases the Sheriff said NO (Cherokee County for one), for he felt it put CHP holders in jeopardy, others have just handed the info over.

We know this information, when published by the media does not go well for the permit holder, as recently proven in NY.

Hb17 passed the house, and the first reading in senate. It still has to undergo the judiciary committee review and then pass a second and third senate reading before it makes it to be signed.

As long as it makes it through the committee unscathed the second and third reading should be fine. I'm still watching it closely.

As far as if it would be signed into law, as long as it passes I fully expect it to, we are blessed with a decidedly pro-gun governor. Only part that stinks is it doesnt go into effect until December.

As far as if it would be signed into law, as long as it passes I fully expect it to, we are blessed with a decidedly pro-gun governor. Only part that stinks is it doesnt go into effect until December.
Are we? I have seen nothing from McCrory about his 2A stance. Found one comment where he "thought we had enough gun laws" but what the hell does that say? Is he content with the status quo, with all the limitations where gun are not permitted and many other restrictions we deal with.

I don't know where he stands as I can't find where he has made his position clear. Will he sign or veto if pro-gun bill actually get to his desk?

Are we? I have seen nothing from McCrory about his 2A stance. Found one comment where he "thought we had enough gun laws" but what the hell does that say? Is he content with the status quo, with all the limitations where gun are not permitted and many other restrictions we deal with.

I don't know where he stands as I can't find where he has made his position clear. Will he sign or veto if pro-gun bill actually get to his desk?

Sorry, was thinking of McHenry instead of McCrory when I made that post. Your right, McCrory has no real record about his 2A stance but a family member of mine has worked with him before and has said McCrory is definitely pro-gun. A quick search shows he is highly rated by the NRA and the Grassroots of NC. I feel confident he will sign it, but as the point you made, there is no record to say either way.

Sorry, was thinking of McHenry instead of McCrory when I made that post. Your right, McCrory has no real record about his 2A stance but a family member of mine has worked with him before and has said McCrory is definitely pro-gun. A quick search shows he is highly rated by the NRA and the Grassroots of NC. I feel confident he will sign it, but as the point you made, there is no record to say either way.

True McCrory received an "A" from the NRA, but based on what? They do not indicate that he completed and returned their questionnaire, and I doubt he has much of a voting record regarding 2A as mayor of Charlotte. I posed the question to GRNC, and received this response;
As a mayor he really didn't build much if any record on guns either way. And as a politician I suspect he will say as little as possible.

I'll be watching closely, and start contacting him before these get to his desk. Granted he won't recognize my name as a fat cat contributor, so he will probably never see it. I've seen several comments on several forums where people have contacted him asking about his 2A positions, and have been met with resounding silence.

Not sure when TN started their bill to prevent disclosure of CWP information, but I heard on the news earlier this week that the governor has already signed it. What the hell is taking Raleigh so damn long.

HB17 was filed on 1/30 and didn't come out of the quagmire called the house until the end of March. Does this mean 2 more months for the Senate?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back