Have you thanked a gun owner lately?

mcnittc

Three years ago my wife was assaulted by a man in a parking ramp here in downtown Grand Rapids Michigan. She was thrown to the ground by a stair way and her legs were forced open as this would be rapist attempted to penetrate her after ripping off her dress.

The assailant, and my wife, were both stunned by the loud noise of a cocking gun nearby. The assailant, who was on top of my wife looked up to see a man no more than fifty feet away pointing a gun at him and telling him to not move. The assailant got up and ran of course, however, my wife wasn't violated either.

My wife told me that the man who saved her life and chastity ran away just as fast as the assailant did in the other direction, most likely fearing some sort of prosecution or perhaps he wasn't licensed to carry/own a firearm. It remains a mystyery to us to this day.

Anyways, thanks to him and thank you every gun owner who are society's little saviors in disguise. God Bless You.

I am glad to here that there was someone there to help her. To bad the good guy did not shoot the punk though because he lived to attack someone else another day.

Glad to hear that your wife made it out ok and thank God there was someone there willing to step up and help. Hopefully since then you both have been added to the CCW ranks. Who knows maybe one day you or your wife may save someone else from the same situation.

Also welcome to the Forum!

I agree with KimberPB and I'm also very glad your wife is ok. Being a woman and disabled, I refuse to be a victim, so I have a CCP and carry. Depending on the situation, such as the one described, I would intervene and defend someone else.

Welcome to the Forum.

Ccw

Since then my wife has gotten her CCW permit. I on the other hand am not allowed to possess or carry a firearm due to a felony when I was a teen.

Since then my wife has gotten her CCW permit. I on the other hand am not allowed to possess or carry a firearm due to a felony when I was a teen.

As the poster mentioned, I would definitely look into the possibility of having your gun right restored.

It is wonderful to know that there was someone there to save your wife. Welcome to the forum.

I am very glad to hear your wife was left unharmed. It's great to know there are still people who care.

slide being racked

Kudo's to the silent stranger (except for the sound of the slide being racked).

I tend to agree with you. If I ever have to use my gun I prefer the only sound to be the gun going bang. I always carry one in the chamber.

I hate to bring this up, but I do it for your own benefit. If your wife keeps a firearm in the house you both live in, a prosecutor could reasonably make a case that this constitutes "furnishing a firearm to a felon" on her part, and that it also constitutes "constructive possession of a firearm" on your part. I encourage you to talk to an attorney about this... it probably wouldn't cost more than $100 for an hour of conversation. Just something to think about.

I hate to bring this up, but I do it for your own benefit. If your wife keeps a firearm in the house you both live in, a prosecutor could reasonably make a case that this constitutes "furnishing a firearm to a felon" on her part, and that it also constitutes "constructive possession of a firearm" on your part. I encourage you to talk to an attorney about this... it probably wouldn't cost more than $100 for an hour of conversation. Just something to think about.

Here in Hawaii we have very strict and often times senseless firearms laws. With that said, I know of several situations where there's a person living in a house (spouse, brother, sister, boyfriend, girlfriend, etc.) who are not allowed to have firearms along with a person (or people) who legally can. The law states that the firearms must be made "inaccessable" to "unauthorized persons". If the gun owner takes reasonable precautions (like locking the gun up when not in use), then the prosecutor will not prosecute. I've seen first hand several cases where over zealous cops arrest law abiding gun owners and the prosecutor refuses to prosecute because the gun owner made a "reasonable" attempt (put the guns in a gun safe) to secure the firearms from "unauthorized users".

Don't know the laws where the OP lives, but I imagine that it's nowhere as strict as the laws here in HI. (I'm assuming that since the wife has a CC license that he doesn't live in Kommifokneeah). Keep in mind tha IANAL (I Am Not A Lawyer) and I don't play one on televison :), so as "Ishi" stated check with the appropriate legal counsel if necessary.

gf

Have you thanked a gun owner?

I must cast my vote along with the others. Often times, if a felony was not violent, and many years have passed, it is possible to have your civil rights restored. There was a lot of discussion of it a couple of years ago in Arizona. Seems a woman brought a suit against the state of Arizona for depriving her of her ability to own and keep weapons in her home because she was married to a convicted felon. Finally, the attorney General and the state supreme court ruled he should have his rights restored. I beleive it was settled amicably and she has her guns, as does he.

I am glad to here that there was someone there to help her. To bad the good guy did not shoot the punk though because he lived to attack someone else another day.

Yeah, someone without a gun and in a place where there isn't anyone else around with a gun to protect them. As we all know criminals are opportunists; rathere than learning their lesson that crime does not pay, they'll change their behavior to do what they need to to not to get caught. Getting shot would have taken him out and society would be a helluva lot better off as a result.

Nevertheless, this guy's actions were incredible. Your wife is truly lucky.

In Oklahoma you cant even have a weapon in your home if you have a felony conviction. How does this work in your state?

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back