Have you ever shot Gangsta style?

Have you ever shot Gangsta style?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
festus, no I am one who didn't miss the point. I was just trying to be a little funny. I have not tried it BUT I do not see any reason not to. You May be in a situation/s where the angle has you shoot like that (as previously mentioned in this thread). I'm going to stick with what I was taught, BUT it wouldn't be a bad idea to practice some shot's like that. Maybe even try it with my other hand.

festus, no I am one who didn't miss the point. I was just trying to be a little funny. I have not tried it BUT I do not see any reason not to. You May be in a situation/s where the angle has you shoot like that (as previously mentioned in this thread). I'm going to stick with what I was taught, BUT it wouldn't be a bad idea to practice some shot's like that. Maybe even try it with my other hand.

You're right, especially with the homeboy night sights installed!

Seriously though, do you actually believe that this technique would work well from long range? I could possibly see it working at point blank range, but not from a distance. Do you plan to practice shooting this way at the range?

If you practice like everything else, I do not see any reason why not.
Range, what are you kidding? Check out where I shoot in......"NH Forum / backyard range". I am going to try it though.

If you practice like everything else, I do not see any reason why not.
Range, what are you kidding? Check out where I shoot in......"NH Forum / backyard range". I am going to try it though.

I suppose I'm not going to knock something I've never tried. Do you think you can post pictures of your target on this forum? I'd like to see it.

I am not "qualified" to shoot "gangsta" as I aint a "gangsta"..am more of a "monsta" and I shoot to be scary!

I went with "now that's shootin" mostly because I thought it was funny. I think I may have tried it for a laugh when I bought my first handgun as a spry 21 year old, but that was it for me.

tattedupboy, if you go to the New Hampshire thread and look at "back yard shooting" you will see my set up.........which is not finished yet, but it is still operational. Hope to have finished this fall, if not, then by this Spring. Need the $ to finish the surrounding area.

Lets lighten things up abit!

No, I wouldn't even think of it. This type of thing is something that I am trying to avoid. Unfortunately, it's what the kids are used to seeing. We're teaching my nephew about firearm safety and all he brings up is the shooting with handgun sideways. Until he shows us that he has gotten that out of his system, there will be no shooting for him.

I have. When I got my new XDm I shot it one handed, two handed, weak hand , strong hand , gangsta, limp wristed, trying to see what may create a stove pipe or other feeding jam. Tried shooting without engaging the grip safety and / or the trigger safety.

I have utilized this method effectively in a few IDPA scenarios. Like someone stated previously, weak-handed shooting is somewhat easier when holding the gun at a slight cant. If you try to shoot weak handed around a barricade, making that angle more extreme gives me a more stable platform.

I will say however, that even though my wrist was turned, the gun was still at eye level and I was able to use the sights effectively. I did not have the gun over my head pointing downward as I have seen it depicted in the past.

-Matt

Gangsta sights

Someone dummied up an advertisement for gangsta style sights for your handgun, and had a photoshopped picture of a Glock with a front and rear sight mounted on the right side of the slide. What is scary is the several hundred people who did not realize it was a gag and tried to order sets of the sights for installation on their handguns.

Even CCW instructors approve of Link Removed
its a long video, but the instructor explains why it's natural

if it works for you, then do it, don't criticize

Someone dummied up an advertisement for gangsta style sights for your handgun, and had a photoshopped picture of a Glock with a front and rear sight mounted on the right side of the slide. What is scary is the several hundred people who did not realize it was a gag and tried to order sets of the sights for installation on their handguns.

Check all the posts on the 2nd page of this thread, and you'll see that one of them has this spoof ad.

Homeboy sights

I feel like a complete nimnul because I jumped to the last page to post and missed the add. That be the one I mentioned okay. LOL:suicide:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back