Have you been made?

Jc40

I know my drinking days are over with.Too many lost weekends in the younger days.Makes it easier and definately saves money.

I personally believe that I do a decent job concealing it. But, with my run of luck, and the craziness of it the past few months, I got caught yesterday.

I was at the chiropractors last nite, and on the way there, realized I had left my spare key for my safe at home. ( we were borrowing a truck to pick up furniture after, so I did not have my keys ) Now, from my previous visit, he had noticed my empty holster sitting on the chair when I was getting dressed, and had looked at it, looked at me, then smiled and said it was ok to bring in. I kinda chuckled and said that I just felt better leaving it locked, while having it off my person. Plus, you never know how some people react to seeing one. He smiled, chuckled, and said, yeah, you are probably right.

So, I am in a dilemma. I know I CAN bring it in. I don't want to leave it unsecured in the truck, and I don't want to give it to my wife - w/o a ccw to hold while I am in the office. So, I take it in, figuring I will hide it under the clothes and noone's the wiser. Boy was I wrong at how things happen!

He was done w/ me, and I thought that was it, but he had scheduled a massage ( oh darn :( ) . But, I had to swap rooms. Uh, oh ... So, as nonchalantly as I could I tried to scoop up everything to change rooms.

OOPS !!!! It kinda slipped outta my handfull of what I thought wrapped around it clothes. Right onto the floor. Well, I say "oops", and she just kinda looks at the holster, and mentions something about not expecting to see that. So, I gathered it up, and followed her. No problems though. It did open up the door for an interesting conversation thru the massage.

My lesson - either remember your key to your safe, or when getting undressed, wrap it up better in the clothes, not just lay it between layers.

Hope you enjoyed the story as much as I can, now after the fact .... mot

As far as wife's not realizing the fact we carry 24/7 .... she asked me last nite if maybe I could take it off before we entered the homes to look at furniture, because it may make them uneasy. I mentioned about me being uneasy with it in the car, and that seeing as it is concealed, and only she knows about it, they probably would'nt know unless she mentions it, which I doubt she would.

Last edited:
I would have loved to have seen the look on your face as it fell to the floor. However, I am not sure what you were wearing since you had your clothes in your hands, so I am glad I missed it. :D

LOL ! A gown, and boxers. Yeah, the look was kinda priceless I would imagine.

Gives new meaning to being caught w/ your pants down, I reckon. :eek:

I personally believe that I do a decent job concealing it. But, with my run of luck, and the craziness of it the past few months, I got caught yesterday.

I was at the chiropractors last nite, and on the way there, realized I had left my spare key for my safe at home. ( we were borrowing a truck to pick up furniture after, so I did not have my keys ) Now, from my previous visit, he had noticed my empty holster sitting on the chair when I was getting dressed, and had looked at it, looked at me, then smiled and said it was ok to bring in. I kinda chuckled and said that I just felt better leaving it locked, while having it off my person. Plus, you never know how some people react to seeing one. He smiled, chuckled, and said, yeah, you are probably right.

So, I am in a dilemma. I know I CAN bring it in. I don't want to leave it unsecured in the truck, and I don't want to give it to my wife - w/o a ccw to hold while I am in the office. So, I take it in, figuring I will hide it under the clothes and noone's the wiser. Boy was I wrong at how things happen!

He was done w/ me, and I thought that was it, but he had scheduled a massage ( oh darn :( ) . But, I had to swap rooms. Uh, oh ... So, as nonchalantly as I could I tried to scoop up everything to change rooms.

OOPS !!!! It kinda slipped outta my handfull of what I thought wrapped around it clothes. Right onto the floor. Well, I say "oops", and she just kinda looks at the holster, and mentions something about not expecting to see that. So, I gathered it up, and followed her. No problems though. It did open up the door for an interesting conversation thru the massage.

My lesson - either remember your key to your safe, or when getting undressed, wrap it up better in the clothes, not just lay it between layers.

Hope you enjoyed the story as much as I can, now after the fact .... mot

As far as wife's not realizing the fact we carry 24/7 .... she asked me last nite if maybe I could take it off before we entered the homes to look at furniture, because it may make them uneasy. I mentioned about me being uneasy with it in the car, and that seeing as it is concealed, and only she knows about it, they probably would'nt know unless she mentions it, which I doubt she would.

I have had similar experiences at the Dr. office. I try to keep things concealed, but luckily I live in a state that does not require permit holders to conceal.

Tarzan

To my knowledge I have not. I choose my concealment holster and carry gun according to have to dress. This time of year it is always easy as I am wearing a jacket.

Stands out in a crowd

I was at a elemenatry school carnival this last weekend and with all the parents and kids milling around I was waiting on my grandson to finish a game and started noticing a couple diffrent guys with the photographers vest in the crowd. To me these stand out like the off duty officers leather fanny packs of years ago. After watching a short was able to see both badge and gun under the vests. If I noticed it that quickly, wonder how many other spotted the firearms. I had left mine at home as this is a gun free zone.:rolleyes:

I also wear a vest when it is cool and have a gun. Some times I think just the fact you could be armed is a deterent.

I was at a elemenatry school carnival this last weekend and with all the parents and kids milling around I was waiting on my grandson to finish a game and started noticing a couple diffrent guys with the photographers vest in the crowd. To me these stand out like the off duty officers leather fanny packs of years ago. After watching a short was able to see both badge and gun under the vests. If I noticed it that quickly, wonder how many other spotted the firearms. I had left mine at home as this is a gun free zone.:rolleyes:

Not to sidetrack the thread and I'm not sure what state your in, but in TN it would be "technically" illegal for them to carry at a school if their not on duty and "acting in their offical capacity". Of course...who would actually charge them, right? :confused:

I deal with some of the stupid criminals including one who watched to many drug dealers on TV. He was carrying a loaded handgun in the waistband of his baggy pants and when it started to slip down his pants he grabbed for it and shot himself in the leg. I had to laugh and ask him about the powder burns, he would not answer. I would suspect it made a lasting impression.

I deal with some of the stupid criminals including one who watched to many drug dealers on TV. He was carrying a loaded handgun in the waistband of his baggy pants and when it started to slip down his pants he grabbed for it and shot himself in the leg. I had to laugh and ask him about the powder burns, he would not answer. I would suspect it made a lasting impression.

In general criminal types don't use holsters;

Link Removed

"CONCEALMENT.

The offenders said they most often hid guns on their person in the front waistband, with the groin area and the small of the back nearly tied for second place. Some occasionally gave their weapons to another person to carry, "most often a female companion." None regularly used a holster, and about 40% at least sometimes carried a backup weapon."

I am not surprised by what you said.

It is funny. The bad guys don't wear holsters, and yet we may get hustled if someone sees us carrying a gun in a holster.

Tarzan

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back