Have you been made?

No to my knowledge. I have slipped occasionally and caught my shirt up at the wrong moment and no one was the wiser.

I have noticed that there a lot of sheep around here. No one notices too much.

They don't see the slip when you are in a crowd of people, but rather when that lady beside you in the store reaches for the beans.:mad:

Maybe I am weird, but I don't really care, I try to maintain concealment most of the time but there have been times when I have left my shirt tuck in behind my weapon on accident and went in to a store or such, and then noticed it later, I just cover it up and go on.............. And where I live most people don't git much excited over a GUN sighting!..........It must be A Okie thang!

Probably but I open carry enough that I don't care. People can be pretty oblivious, even to openly carried weapons. On more than one occasion, I have been talking to someone for some time before they noticed I was armed. I've made a few people myself. Just today I caught the sight of a holster on someone, he has come in to my store in uniform so I knew he was law enforcement. Another guy I just asked what kind of Glock was he carrying since it was poking out under his shirt. He was cool and just switched to OC.

I believe I have been made by other CCW holders. I say this because I always notice them. Nothing has ever been said to me.

But by the normal sheep, I don't think so.

Same for me here, most of the people who seem to notice, seem to be carrying themselves.

Have you Been Made?

Open Carry! That wopld be nice, but Florida does not provide for that option. You either go naaked or concealed! :(

While reaching up to grab a box off a high shelf in Home Depot once... not only did it come out,,, it fell out of my IWH onto the floor in front of an elderly lady who proceeded to show me hers :eek: in her purse and explain why it was a much better place to carry!!!

Bad guy don't like holsters because when you toss a gun it is a dead give away.Paddles have made that different. I like belt clips. One on g27 also fitsg23 also one on Kel-tec p11 hides in shorts and tee shirt. Kimber ultra carry 3" also, is to heavy. Now what to do with in public rest room? Hang on door stop?

Only my doctor knows for sure! Lol .. I went in for a prescription refill for one of my medications a few weeks ago, for some reason the doctor, much out of ordinary for medicine refills, decided to check me over. He got out his little rubber hammer and grabbed my left ankle to test my reflexes but quickly realized he'd grabbed on to something other than my ankle. My girlfriend started laughing, the doctor said, "what the hell is this and pulled up my pants leg?

Needless to say he was shocked, he said, "you've never had this before, is this something new?" I told him, "well no, I've carried it for many years, but don't normally when I come here for regular visits, but this is the first time you've ever done more than just refill my prescription on a refill visit."

Out of respect for him I asked him it it bothered him that I had it there and he said it didn't as long as I was licensed, and I showed him my license. Actually it was rather funny, the look on his face was priceless anyway.

SnowCajun

I have not been made as far as I know. I think people are so self-involved that they wouldn't notice if I oc'd a desert eagle. Maybe if I oc'd an AR. :D

I agree, I had my cover shirt blow up like a cape while walking into a store and did not get so much as a second glance. My wife once asked me to give my cover shirt to our 18 year old daughter while in a restaurant, our daughter was cold and my wife did not realize that I was armed. I have not figured out what part of I carry all the time she does not understand.

No one in public has ever noticed that I carry. This past weekend I thought my shirt was kind of short and headed to the bank. I decided to leave it in the car just in case.

Wait so you would rather leave yourself vulnerable while inside of a bank instead of letting someone see your piece? As far as I know there isn't anything illegal about that in Nevada...

Finally made...

I was made for the first time this morning. By my wife.

She bought me a nice corduroy jacket for the fall, and we went out this morning for a walk. She was feeling the fabric on the jacket, and...

"Are you carrying a gun?"

"Mmm-hhmm."

"Really?"

"Yes, I've been carrying almost every day for the last six months"

"Oh..."

No further objections though, and we enjoyed our walk. This is pretty amazing considering her first reaction to my declaration that I wanted to buy a firearm a year ago. It's a long story, but both our attitudes have changed a lot since then.

And I own 10 firearms now. :D

10 firearms in a year?! Wow, that's impressive.

On the topic.....The only time I've ever been made is when I was stepping out of the car, and had to "readjust." I pulled my shirt back down over everything and walked in a store. An officer was on patrol by the front door, and he asked me to pull my shirt up. Seeing what I had, he asked if I had a permit...so I showed him, and went along my merry way. Thinking about it later, I got pretty annoyed that he made me flash anyone within eyesight. Next time anything like that happens, I believe my reply will go something like this:

"If you'd like to see whether or not I'm carrying a firearm, I will save you the trouble and confirm that I am indeed carrying. I have a permit in my wallet and will happily show you. I would just prefer to not flash to everyone present that I am armed."

Made

I was made for the first time this morning. By my wife.

She bought me a nice corduroy jacket for the fall, and we went out this morning for a walk. She was feeling the fabric on the jacket, and...

"Are you carrying a gun?"

"Mmm-hhmm."

"Really?"

"Yes, I've been carrying almost every day for the last six months"

"Oh..."

No further objections though, and we enjoyed our walk. This is pretty amazing considering her first reaction to my declaration that I wanted to buy a firearm a year ago. It's a long story, but both our attitudes have changed a lot since then.

And I own 10 firearms now. :D

You sound like a friend of mine. He bought his Glock and had it quite a while before telling his wife. He said he always felt it was easier to get forgiveness than permission. Thankfully I don't have that problem with my wife.

I've never been made, but came close one day in Wal-Mart when my little AMT 45 fell out onto the floor..it has never happend since! I have since learned "Gun Control"!

my daddy always taught me that gun control was:
1) using both hands
2) hitting what you aim at

where in there is a need for censoring?

my daddy always taught me that gun control was:
1) using both hands
2) hitting what you aim at

where in there is a need for censoring?

That's what gun control used to be about, decades ago. Today's "Gun Control" is not about guns, but about control, that is People Control.

Just recently as I got home from work, my daughter and son-in-law were visiting from out of state with my grandkids. My wife was first to greet me with a kiss, then my daughter, two of my grandkids, another daughter, and finally my son-in-law, who is a police officer. I was carrying my Bersa thunder 380 in a tactical 5.11 shirt, tucked on my left side a few inches down from my armpit. All of them hugged me in some fashion, but I led them so they wouldn't wrap their arm around my waist on that side, until my son-in-law, the cop. He gave me a bear hug around the midsection, and I could feel the weapon squeeze into my side. He stepped back and gave me a grin, but nothing more was said. My wife and family don't even know I'm packing most of the time, and I like to keep it that way. I told my wife that the only way she might know for sure, is if we are out to dinner with family or friends, and I don't indulge in a drink while the others do.
Bersa

Last edited by a moderator:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back