Has anyone had an LEO in Massachusetts

usvet

New to the forum, if anyone can give a real life example, or where to find it I would appreciate it. Just renewed LTC from 1994, and still waiting. I know common sence rules here, but is it the law in Massachusetts that you have to inform the officer?

If the LEO initiates the encounter for a reason of police business, You bet I inform them...

Any other time... No...

I just err on the side of caution..

New to the forum, if anyone can give a real life example, or where to find it I would appreciate it. Just renewed LTC from 1994, and still waiting. I know common sence rules here, but is it the law in Massachusetts that you have to inform the officer?

I've been a member since Dec. 2009 and this question has come up a few times, one person asked: "I was in a greasy spoon eating lunch and there were 3 cops at a table eating as well, should I tell them I am packing"

The answer is Hell No ! You do not have to run around telling LEO's that you are carrying .... it's silly if you do ! No one is that important that we need to inform a LEO every time we see one.

Imagine ... ... you are walking through Wal-Mart and you see a cop ..... Hey Mister Officer "I got a gun, but it's OK cause I got a CWP" That officer will think you're on the strange side.

I agree, unless the LEO asked I wouldn't volunteer the info. When I first got my LTC, I also thought that I would simply hand my permit along with my DL. When I was pulled over the first time while I was carrying, I just thought to my self I don't have time for this, volunteering additional info may just start a conversation that I don't care to have. Especially if that starts a fishing expedition.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back