Has anyone ever seen this kind of ammo?

Scarecrow

I won an auction on gunbroker and these 5 .30-06 rounds were included in it. the seller said they were unique to him and they are to me too. so I was wondering if anyone knew what they were? what they were used for? the info I have is from the seller's description from the auction:

Included in this auction is five rounds of Remington Arms 1940 production ammo with bullets I have never seen before. Very unique to me. They have the appearance of chrome and are not magnetic. May possibly be zinc plated, but I'm not sure. These are factory rounds with crimped in and sealed primers. You won't be dissatisfied if you win this auction.

thanks for any info!
Uniqueammo.jpg

What is the head stamp date? It looks like the Ball, M1906. Link Removed I have some with a 1918 head stamp, although in very bad shape.

.30-06 Springfield - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ball, M1906
This cartridge is used against personnel and unarmored targets, and can be identified by its silver-colored bullet. The M1906 has a 9.7 g (150 grain) projectile and flat base. Its jacket is a cupro-nickel alloy which was found to quickly foul the bore

Here is some great info on Military 30-06 ammo.

http://cartridgecollectors.org/30-06intro/

A large amount (most) jacketed bullets used to be silver in color in the first part of the 1900's.

i saw some identical to this yesterday at the local gun store it has 1941 headstamp dont remember the other markings. it certainly will catch you eye

They are silver bullets used to shoot werewolves. Not sure if they will work on zombies but keep them handy just in case.

Good Place to Look

There is a book called "Cartridges of the World" this would be an excellent reference to seek out from your

local library. Hope this helps

They are silver bullets used to shoot werewolves. Not sure if they will work on zombies but keep them handy just in case.

aaaaaah yes.. for warewolves!!! it's about time I get me some warewolf bullets... and the next time I shoot a zombie I'll let you know how it works:)

Someone need sto work up a guide for us on what kind of ammo is nneded for such things:

Bigfoot
centaurs
dragons
faeries
ghosts
griffons
the Jersey Devil
the Loch Ness monster
mermaids
unicorns
vampires
werewolves
yeti
zombies

Someone need sto work up a guide for us on what kind of ammo is nneded for such things:

Bigfoot
centaurs
dragons
faeries
ghosts
griffons
the Jersey Devil
the Loch Ness monster
mermaids
unicorns
vampires
werewolves
yeti
zombies

:to_pick_ones_nose: What's the Matter with the Devils? They had an ok Season this year... It took Carolina 7 games to get by them...

Last edited:
Three things to consider: the age of this ammo and it's corrosive as all get out and that zinc like coating welds it's self to the bore. It's not for shooting use it for display and save yourself mucho grief.

Three things to consider: the age of this ammo and it's corrosive as all get out and that zinc like coating welds it's self to the bore. It's not for shooting use it for display and save yourself mucho grief.
Necroposting to post bad information ... WOW!

If you're afraid of corrosive ammunition please throw it all away -- throw it MY way. I know how to clean a firearm after shooting.

"...zinc welds it's (sic) self to the bore..." -- I'd definitely like a link to that one!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back