Has anyone bought the insurance from usconcealedcarry.com?

OrlandoChuck

Is this legit and is it worth it? It claims that it will help you if you ever need legal or civil help due to using your firearm for defensive purposes.

usconcealedcarry.com

I've looked into "Second Amendment Insurance" before; there are a few providers. But I haven't heard of anyone who bought it actually using it, so I don't have any good information. I'm hoping someone who HAS had to use it chimes in, I'd like to know a little more before buying it.

I purchased when it was first introduced. Like any other insurance, I pray I never actually need it, but should that happen I know I can get immediate legal assistance. Why this one and not another? - I trust Tim S. and his organization.

Insurance

I bought an umbrella policy through my normal insurance provider. It cost me $12 a month for $1 million in coverage. I found a CCW friendly lawyer by asking around.

I also have it. As well as some additonal insurance from my local agent. Cost is minimual and the benefit may be tremedous if it's ever needed. Pray it won't be

Cost is minimual and the benefit may be tremedous if it's ever needed. Pray it won't be

Cost is up there on a fixed income, but under consideration to purchase. I have asked Tim about the nature of the firms under retainer, their real time court room experience, their approach to defense i.e. how active in strategies, how much prior contact with defendant, &c. Also the various firms and attorneys under retainer, and their local contact numbers for that 'one call' during interrogation when the ability to depart becomes an issue prior to arrest or during the arrest process.

Post incident you will be in shock, so what is said is critical to not being arrested, even if the shooting was 'good' under state laws; having consul present during this time is critical. Also included are any cases handled over the last 5 years, case numbers, charges and specifics which are published in the Court Findings.

The above may seem to be nit picking, but are proof of how good the insurance program is at defending. The questions were posed very recently, so answers are probably a couple of weeks out. I'll post the answers offered.

I suspect an umbrella policy is not equivalent. But probably a good idea for anyone with our litigious society where lawyer speak has replaced common sense and we believe that insurance money is free; firearm user or not.

I've got the Gold Plus membership over at USCCA, Its a new insurance program just started in June 2011. I believe it to be the start of a great coverage for CCW holders. Some think its a scam, most people think its good and trust Tim and what he is trying to do for those that carry. I have car insurance, never had to use it as of yet, now I have gun insurance. Thats my opinion.

This reminds me of a site sponsor USACARRY once had that claimed to do the same thing. They claimed they would provide a lawyer for up to 48 hours after a self defense situation, gun,knife,bat,hands etc.. It did not matter what you used to defend yourself, it would cover you for one year and you could use it as many times as you needed it.

They are out of business now.

I've not bought it yet though I'm strongly considering it. When I was in TX there is a law firm based in Houston that offers the same thing. The only problem with them is that it is only good in TX. The good part is that buying into their program makes you a client and the fees act as retainer. If you should need them they take care of everything. All the partners and many of the associates are activer shooters and many former military. It helps to have someone who shares your mindset on your side.

YMOS,
Tony

I tried to look into Defense Shield when I was a member. I won't go into it but, I ended up checking out the NRA insurance and a company called CHL. I felt the better deal was CHL and I bought it.

NRA insurance

Look at NRA insurance. I have not bought it but will next month. I trust NRA dont think they would put outva bad product.

Texas Law Shield - their partners came highly recommended! Hopefully never need them, but ...!

I've not bought it yet though I'm strongly considering it. When I was in TX there is a law firm based in Houston that offers the same thing. The only problem with them is that it is only good in TX. The good part is that buying into their program makes you a client and the fees act as retainer. If you should need them they take care of everything. All the partners and many of the associates are activer shooters and many former military. It helps to have someone who shares your mindset on your side.

YMOS,
Tony

I've got the Gold Plus membership over at USCCA, Its a new insurance program just started in June 2011. I believe it to be the start of a great coverage for CCW holders. Some think its a scam, most people think its good and trust Tim and what he is trying to do for those that carry. I have car insurance, never had to use it as of yet, now I have gun insurance. Thats my opinion.

I still think this is a good program but they have major billing problems, since I made the above statement I've dropped the program. Still a member of the site but not with the Shield. Didn't like how they handled my credit card. There is another program I'm checking out now which is suppose to be very good and half the price, a lot of the USCCA members have it also. Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc.

I ran it buy my lawyer he said it was not insurance form a legal point of view.
No lawyer will except it as payment. It is only good if you win.
I'm sure there are better things out there.

The only one I know of that will come up with any money up front is The Armed Citizens Legal Defense Fund. They also provide training videos when you sign up. You can read their monthly news letter without being a member. Not a bad price.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back