Has anyone accuracy tested the 700 VTR

stumpjumper101

I was just wondering if anyone has gotten their hands on remingtons 700 Varmint tactical rifle and tested it for accuracy. im thinking of getting one, seems to have a few nice bells and whistles along with a decent price. any input would be greatly appreciated. :biggrin:

There was a guy at Front Sight taking the 2 Day Rifle Skill Builder with a 700 VTR and his was a proverbial "tack driver". He said he had to do a little work to it when he first got it, as the "free floating" stock was contacting the barrel in a few places. His was chambered in .308.

I was impressed.

There was a guy at Front Sight taking the 2 Day Rifle Skill Builder with a 700 VTR and his was a proverbial "tack driver". He said he had to do a little work to it when he first got it, as the "free floating" stock was contacting the barrel in a few places. His was chambered in .308.

I was impressed.

doing a little tweaking is not a problem. the gun just looks like a good platform to start off with. nice stock new trigger system and all. thanks for the info:biggrin:

Stumpjumper, 700s typically need their triggers tweeked a bit also, but it's just adjusting 2 screws.

ive got several close friends who are gunsmiths so tweaking it will be no problem. planning on topping it with either a leupold or a burris. the most i could need is 600 yds around here the only place we get clear view past that is down the highway or across water. need somethin for those elusive groundhogs, people seem to think its overkill to shoot them with a M1A for some funny reason:biggrin:-

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back