Harlow Holsters

pzlehr

Hi,
I am new to this forum and did a search to see if there was any info about anyone using a Harlow Holster? Specifically the IWB that has a rubber section attached to the outside facing part of the holster. Wanted to know peoples thoughts about it. I did see on Gunblast where it got a good review. It seems like a convenient, one size fits a few type holster. There are no clips or loops to hold it...just the rubber! Thanks for any info.

Regards,
Chuck McAllister

Welcome to USA Carry, pzlehr. As for the Harlow IWB holster, I have no experience with them, but in my opinion, every IWB holster should have some kind of hook or loop that attaches to the belt in order to keep the holster from moving around. I'm not sure that a rubber patch, by itself, can do that.

From what I could see on their website (http://harlowholsters.com/index.htm), the holster is held in place by two points of friction. First between waistband and that rubber patch and then between YOU and the holster. Since an undergarment would reduce the friction holding the holster in place, I predict either the development of a tender raw spot, or a holster down your pant leg.
These holsters are made by "wet molding" the leather, so one size fits many 1911s, another size fits many Glocks, etc.
I also didn't much care for the "my way or the highway" attitude. For just a few dollars more, I would order a Crossbreeed Supertuck.

Last edited:
Welcome to USA Carry, pzlehr. As for the Harlow IWB holster, I have no experience with them, but in my opinion, every IWB holster should have some kind of hook or loop that attaches to the belt in order to keep the holster from moving around. I'm not sure that a rubber patch, by itself, can do that.

+1 ...

Very poor design. Would probably end up at the bottom of my holster box. For $75 there are a lot more better options out there.

gf

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back