Happy Veteran's Day

DrDavidM

I have said it before, but I want to take the opportunity to express my sincere gratitude to each one of you, and your family, who have served in the armed forces. With out you I would not be able to type this thread on here. Without you I would not be able to attend church each week. There ae just no words to express it.

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU TO ALL...........those who have served and those who are, without you....well I shudder to think.

THANK YOU ALL, past and present for defending this great Nation of ours. Prayers out to All soldiers (and Families) who lost their lives. .

Thanks to all who have served and to those that are serving now. Our prayers are with you.

I also want to thank all the men and women that have or are still serving. Thank you all for what you do and have done.

On this Veterans Day, I would like to thank all the men and women who have served our country through the years.

This salute to veterans, titled "Veterans Day -- What's the Point?," was found in the VA's volunteer newsletter. Its author is unknown.

"On this Veterans Day, please remember:

"It is the veteran, not the preacher, who has given you freedom of religion.

"It is the veteran, not the reporter, who has given you freedom of the press.

"It is the veteran, not the poet, who has given you freedom of speech.

"It is the veteran, not the liberal protesters, who has given you freedom to assemble.

"It is the veteran, not the lawyer, who has given you the right to a fair trial.

"It is the veteran, not the politician, who has given you the right to vote.

"It is the veteran, who salutes the flag, who serves under the flag.

"Let us honor them all on this day.

"And that's the point."

I was USAF during the Viet Nam war, and my brother and several of my friends served in the Army and Marines at the same time.

And...it's my birthday, too! Only when I was born, it was called Armistice Day. I still call it that.

I was USAF during the Viet Nam war, and my brother and several of my friends served in the Army and Marines at the same time.

And...it's my birthday, too! Only when I was born, it was called Armistice Day. I still call it that.

Happy belated birthday, gpbarth! And thank you for your service to this country.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back