Handy target idea!!!! Cheap!

PascalFleischman

Well, I bought a Ruger 10/.22 Carbine (in digital camo) last month, and finally got to shoot it this weekend. This was also the first time in a LOONNNNNGGGG time I've been shooting in the country. Usually, I'm at an indoor range. Well, it was pretty fun hearing the bullets tumble as they hit the ground. The "PINGS" and whistles they made were a hoot!

Anyway, being one that's accustomed to shooting paper, I forgot how much fun it is to blast at cans. I also got one of those "spinning spoon" type .22 targets, and blasted it from about 30 yards.

The most fun, however, was the dove decoy. Since I couldn't shoot my .40 S&W at the "spinning spoons" and my buddy couldn't shot his .44Mag at them, we bought one arrow @ Walmart and one dove decoy. WEll, surprisingly, the decoy lasted all afternoon......plus it was fun to shoot.

Here's the carnage......

Link Removed

Link Removed

I have to agree with you that there is only one thing I know of (I'm pretty sure you know what that is :wink:) that beats the sound of gunfire and the smell of gunpowder, particularly from a brand new firearm. Hope you enjoy your new toy.

Dam there goes the dove of peace! Look out here comes PETA. You may have to milk breast feeding women to recover.:victory:

I can just see it now, some "tree hugger" organization is going to file a class action lawsuit against you and your buddies on behalf of all of those doves that feel "threatened" by your rapid firing at a decoy in their likeness. :nono:

It's thoughts like this that make me want to get my firearms together and hit the range. :wink:

gf

I love shooting cans need to get some spinners and one of those doves. Looks like fun! I also recomend clays I do some shotgun shooting with them but they are fun to put out there as stationary targets.

One more thing......RAPID FIRE IS FUN!!!!! Especially when I got the spoons spinning, then just kept hitting them.

+1 to that. I always try to get the best made most reliable hi-cap mags for my guns.. found an excellent one for my ruger 10/22 that you can take apart and clean.. steel lip.. and can even replace anything in it.. IF you need to of course. it's so well made I don't see it ever needing anything replaced in it. holds 25 rounds. oh yeah it can also be adjusted to fit any ruger 10/22 factory model. congrats on the new toy!

Last edited:
I love shooting cans need to get some spinners and one of those doves. Looks like fun! I also recomend clays I do some shotgun shooting with them but they are fun to put out there as stationary targets.

I was on someone else's land, so I was going for the "easiest to clean up" approach. I was actually surprised that the dove held up as well as it did. It's "soft" enough that it didn't brittle break. Bullets went right through it. The spinners were a blast, too. It looks like the soft-nosed .22 rounds just go "SPLAT" when they hit the steel.

Well, geez, what did that little ole duck ever do to you? :lol:

Well, I bought a Ruger 10/.22 Carbine (in digital camo) last month, and finally got to shoot it this weekend. This was also the first time in a LOONNNNNGGGG time I've been shooting in the country. Usually, I'm at an indoor range. Well, it was pretty fun hearing the bullets tumble as they hit the ground. The "PINGS" and whistles they made were a hoot!

Anyway, being one that's accustomed to shooting paper, I forgot how much fun it is to blast at cans. I also got one of those "spinning spoon" type .22 targets, and blasted it from about 30 yards.

The most fun, however, was the dove decoy. Since I couldn't shoot my .40 S&W at the "spinning spoons" and my buddy couldn't shot his .44Mag at them, we bought one arrow @ Walmart and one dove decoy. WEll, surprisingly, the decoy lasted all afternoon......plus it was fun to shoot.

Here's the carnage......

Link Removed

Link Removed

i can just see it now, some "tree hugger" organization is going to file a class action lawsuit against you and your buddies on behalf of all of those doves that feel "threatened" by your rapid firing at a decoy in their likeness. :nono:

It's thoughts like this that make me want to get my firearms together and hit the range. :wink:

Gf

+1

hahahaha

Handy target

The 10/22 is a verstaile rifle. One of the neatest alterations I have seen was in the gunshop in Tombstone, AZ. They had a Ruger 10/22 with a fiberglass shell that made it look like a German WWII MG42. I would really have loved to have gotten my hands on it.

Last edited:
I want one! I'll call it the Dove of Piece, as in, "You want a piece of me?" rofl

I know, I know, I have a sick sense of humor at times.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back