Handgun Stopping Power an Alternate Look from a different view

I think its obvious that the shot placement matters more than the size of the bullet, but I still enjoyed reading this article.

Cool. Agrees with I've said a time or two here and was scoffed at! As Front Sight maintains: "Any gun will do if you will do"... (although they recommend 9mm/.38 as a minimum)

No handguns have "knockdown power". This is why armies never go into battle with pistols only.

The best you can do with a pistol is hit em center mass (or in the face) and hope they go down.

No handguns have "knockdown power". This is why armies never go into battle with pistols only.

The best you can do with a pistol is hit em center mass (or in the face) and hope they go down.

While I agree with "armies never go into battle with pistols" I disagree....I have a 44mag that will make the statement incorrect....Matter of fact I'd say my 40 cal will take a person off there feet....

I think I need to conceal a shotgun. Just over one round per stop. LOL

NCIC105 - Watching the few real life videos that are on u-tube, I would say the only way ANY handgun will take someone off their feet (a decleater movie shot) is if the round hits a major bone. Can a 40 caliber do it? Sure, just not consistently.

While I agree with "armies never go into battle with pistols" I disagree....I have a 44mag that will make the statement incorrect....Matter of fact I'd say my 40 cal will take a person off there feet....

As far as the war and hand guns, it's not just knock down, it's distance too. I'll put my M1 Garand .30-06 against your 44mag at 300 yards any day. :pleasantry:

Interesting thread. I carried a 357 for better then 30 years but put more bad guys down with my pocket piece, a Walther PPK 9mm kurz (.380).

Matter of fact I'd say my 40 cal will take a person off there feet....

every action has an equal but opposite reaction. If you shoot it and it doesnt take you off your feet, it wont take what it hits off of their feet. Unless your meaning they will fall down because of death.

The “Center Mass” Myth and Ending a Gunfight -Triggernometry

I agree. That's why I will strive to rely on multiple rounds of 00 buck from my Mossy 500 for HD instead of any handgun. Even then, a center mass shot is no guarantee you aren't going to get hit with return fire. Keep shooting until there's no movement and the heck with what the law might call 'overkill'. As the old cliched saying goes, "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6."

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back