Handgun qualification

nurseorange

I need a little help. I cannot find the specifics on qualifying a handgun in Nevada for a CCW. I understand that you have to shoot with each hand, but I cannot find the distances that you must shoot at. Any information would be greatly appriciated.
Thank you!

Link Removed

Link Removed

You might contact to the LVMPD they will help you or find the Nevada CCW Instructor.

Or you can contact to CCW Instructor Kurt at Link Removed. He is a good friend of mine.

I had to shoot one handed, 6 shots from 10', and hit a B27 target. Then 6 shots 2 handed from 20' and 6 from 30'. I gotta tell you it was really tough as those B-27 targets are "so" small.:hang3::sarcastic:

I was qualify shooting one left handed and one right handed and both handed. 10' and 20' I think.

Nevada CCW Instructors have different the shooting distances.

I had to shoot one handed, 6 shots from 10', and hit a B27 target. Then 6 shots 2 handed from 20' and 6 from 30'. I gotta tell you it was really tough as those B-27 targets are "so" small.:hang3::sarcastic:
Did you have to attain a certain "score", or just make it on the paper? Just curious.

The actual NSCA Training Standards can be found here: Link Removed (Cover letter and three pdf pages.)

There is NO requirement to shoot one handed or opposite handed. However, individual instructors may require it.

Must must shoot 30 rounds (25 rounds for a five shot revolver.) 70% must be scored on the B26 or B21 humanoid target to pass.

Of those 30 rounds, six must be fired at three yards, twelve must be fired at five yards, and twelve must be fired at seven yards. (For five shot revolvers, 25 rounds, five fired at three yards, 10 at five yards, and 10 at seven yards.)

NOTE: The NSCA indicated plans to revise/update the NSCA Training Standards document; I would expect it by the summer of 2010.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back