handgun purchase question

Cotillion

I've lived in Oregon about 9 months now but I still carry a Nevada license, Arizona has a lean that they won't lift until I drive 1000 miles to pay 200 bucks in lake havasu. Anyway in order to purchase a handgun in Oregon you just gotta be 21, pass the background and "be a resident of Oregon for at least 6 months", does that mean my license will have to have been issued for at least 6 months? Has anyone encountered this problem before? If I want a new pistol I just need to have a friend go buy it since there's no registration here but its still a little irritating. I was planning on getting just a regular ID for the time being and then I started wondering about the issue date and if that actually has an effect

I think a phone call to the authority in question there in Oregon might be the way to go, assuming someone there would actually answer the phone and take the time to provide a good answer. You might be just a tad bit lucky to have someone who lives in Oregon with this experience or works at the governing authority there to be among us here at this (or any) forum.

Good luck in your pursuit!

If I want a new pistol I just need to have a friend go buy it since there's no registration here but its still a little irritating.

And you would be asking your friend to commit a Federal felony. There is no six months residency requirement to purchase handguns in Oregon, either.

So what you're saying is without a Oregon ID private purchasing is a no no also? I'm pretty sure there's other ways to gauge residency without an ID, like a rental lease and/or bills to an address, for all legal purposes that is. I've seen several websites state a 6 month minimum residency which is why I asked

So what you're saying is without a Oregon ID private purchasing is a no no also? I'm pretty sure there's other ways to gauge residency without an ID, like a rental lease and/or bills to an address, for all legal purposes that is. I've seen several websites state a 6 month minimum residency which is why I asked

Read the instructions on the form 4473 at the gun shop. The instructions on the form 4473 itself will tell you how to prove residency and have an out-of-state ID.

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back