H&K customer service

CapGun

Sent my HK USP .40 compact out to HK yesterday to have an ambi safety put on. It is V1 and since I am lefty I want the safety on both sides. Was at Ups around 4 pm.
Got a call from Debbie at HK today (did this all through her) and she told me that my gun was ready and what I owed. She just caled me back with my Fed Ex tracking # and I will have it tomorrow. I put this off for awhile because I didn't want to part with it. Sure is nice to get it back so quickly.
Next up I think will be the XS Big dot sight. They use Trijicon tritium tubes. I'll have a local guy do the install on those.
Just thought I'd mention my good dealing with HK customer service.

Sent my HK USP .40 compact out to HK yesterday to have an ambi safety put on. It is V1 and since I am lefty I want the safety on both sides. Was at Ups around 4 pm.
Got a call from Debbie at HK today (did this all through her) and she told me that my gun was ready and what I owed. She just caled me back with my Fed Ex tracking # and I will have it tomorrow. I put this off for awhile because I didn't want to part with it. Sure is nice to get it back so quickly.
Next up I think will be the XS Big dot sight. They use Trijicon tritium tubes. I'll have a local guy do the install on those.
Just thought I'd mention my good dealing with HK customer service.

It's always nice when a company has good customer service. I've always heard good things about HK.

I have the XS sites on my XD and LOVE them. If you're looking for a good fighting gun site you can not beat them. I was at the range last night and the white insert for the dot popped out. Gave them a call this morning and they put a new front site in the mail. It’s always nice when a company stands by their product.

H&K in the past has never really been U.S. civillian friendly.

Glad to hear they got you taken care of and followed up properly.

Maybe things have changed.

Thanks for your response. Great review Kimber. My only concern is that after talking to xs just a few minutes ago they said in order to install on the HK minor filing of the bottom of the sight, especially the rear, would be necessary. I guess with the directions a decent gunsmith could handle it.

Thanks for your response. Great review Kimber. My only concern is that after talking to xs just a few minutes ago they said in order to install on the HK minor filing of the bottom of the sight, especially the rear, would be necessary. I guess with the directions a decent gunsmith could handle it.

Installation is not too bad. I'm far from a gunsmith but I've installed several sets of these on both mine and friends firearms. I think the hardest part so far has been removing the factory sights. The instructions that come with the sights do a good job explaining how to install them. I just set my file flat on the work bench in front of the vise, test fitted, then ran the sight the length of the file, test fitted, and repeated till it slid in about 1/3rd of the way in. Finally, drift it in with the included non-marring punch.

Installation is not too bad. I'm far from a gunsmith but I've installed several sets of these on both mine and friends firearms. I think the hardest part so far has been removing the factory sights. The instructions that come with the sights do a good job explaining how to install them. I just set my file flat on the work bench in front of the vise, test fitted, then ran the sight the length of the file, test fitted, and repeated till it slid in about 1/3rd of the way in. Finally, drift it in with the included non-marring punch.

Kimber, thanks. That's just what customer service told me. "Just lay the file down flat."

Got my H&K USP Compact back today. Sent it out late Tues around 4pm.
It is now a v1/v2 varient. Got carried away and spent the extra$$ for next day express so that I would get my Big Dot XS sights today too.
Taking it to the range tomorrow and will have the gunsmith put the sights on.
I think this will be a great self defense tool with the ambi safety and Big Dot tritium sights.
I really like this gun!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back