Gunshot Suicide at Range

Since people off the streets (non-members) can come in with a photo id & $75 bucks and rent one of their carbines, I am going to recommend to the co-owner that he should implement a one hour time period and the rifles must always stay in the shooting area with the barrel pointing down range. It could've been a different situation if he decided to shoot a couple of people before he shot himself.

There's a gun range in Tannersville, PA and the instructors load the firearm for you, chambers the round and hands it to you with the barrel facing down range and after you are done (usually 6 rounds) he takes it back and reloads it if you want to shoot more. Total control, because they have a lot of people coming from all over including the Bronx wanting to shoot firearms.

Again the Post writes in an "anti-gun" manner when the story continued about the instructor. Also, what exactly does this mean?
"A woman who identified herself as Johnson's assistant at the Chelsea gun range said yesterday that he was out of the office and was on a "special assignment."

What has happen to "investigative reporters". We use to have that not long ago, when reporters were interested in the whole truth behind the story, not just the story. If this instructor didn't follow the rules then his license should be taken but not just because someone commit suicide. Even if someone loads the gun for you then hands it to you, it only takes a few seconds to put it to your head and pull the trigger. So even that range in PA could have someone commit suicide if they really want to. The instructor would only have "total control" if he never handed the gun to the other person. ricardo I don't mean to sound harsh but if you really think, as soon as you hand a loaded gun to someone you have lost control of it.

Also,Welcome to the Forum.

Even if someone loads the gun for you then hands it to you, it only takes a few seconds to put it to your head and pull the trigger. So even that range in PA could have someone commit suicide if they really want to. The instructor would only have "total control" if he never handed the gun to the other person. ricardo I don't mean to sound harsh but if you really think, as soon as you hand a loaded gun to someone you have lost control of it.

Also,Welcome to the Forum.

You are right about that, if the person is determined he or she is determined, no matter what. This range get's alot of people coming off the street to shoot rifles. Most of the members know each other and are generally introduced to the new shooters like myself.

I won't be surprised if Bloomberg start spot checking this range more often.

You are right about that, if the person is determined he or she is determined, no matter what. This range get's alot of people coming off the street to shoot rifles. Most of the members know each other and are generally introduced to the new shooters like myself.

I won't be surprised if Bloomberg start spot checking this range more often.

I would not be surprised if he starts spot checking peoples homes.

Ok it pisses me off that this guys license was pulled for the actions of another. A 20 year old man should not need to be lead around by the hand to make sure he is not going to hurt himself. At the age of 20 the only person responsible for there actions is them. I'm not a mind reader and I doubt the owner was either. So there was no way for him to know what this guys intentions were. Like most of you have said even if there was a range officer standing right next to him what would/could he do?? The guy was standing there with a loaded gun and with the blink of an eye would have the time to kill himself. It's tragic that this young man found a permanent answer to a temporary struggle but those were his action which he suffered for. The gun, Range, Owner, range officer, ect, are not super human, able to read minds, or faster then a speeding bullet. Reinstate his license so he can continue with his livelihood and support his family.

And welcome to the forum Ricardo900

Of course the antis are going to jump all over this one. Ever noticed that any time someone commits suicide with a firearm, they use it as a reason for wanting to place more restrictions on law abiding citizens, none of whom are responsible for either the killing or the person's mental condition? Of course the reference to Columbine was strategically placed in order to capitalize on this.

So I'm assuming we should also pull all of the firearms from the Israeli security forces b/c one of their guys ate his gun during the departure of the French president the other day?

This is why the facility I shoot at (Clackamas Public Safety Training Center) will not rent a firearm to any one that does not have one to trade. It prevents them from placing a firearm in the hands of someone who may have another idea about why they are actually renting a firearm.

So I'm assuming we should also pull all of the firearms from the Israeli security forces b/c one of their guys ate his gun during the departure of the French president the other day?
That's the weirdest suicide or accident I've ever heard of. More likely, someone can't shoot straight.

Just another "Manchurian Candidate" Sleeper?

Why is NO consideration EVER given to the "MC" methodology by the Press? They always have to be "Crazies," and "Need to be disarmed," but never any ideological fanatic (We know about them now!) recruited, "trained," and deliberately set off just before some local anti-gun legislation is set to be voted on.
Long ago, NRA VP Knox did a study showing just how often this "Cause-and-Effect" thing has been going on, and finally stated, "Once is circumstance, twice is happenstance, and thrice is enemy action!"
Being an espionage professional on the matter, and wish to "Raise Awareness" (I hate that Liberal Term) on this Issue, please visit my website at Rick A Hyatt Gary Condit Markus Wolf Erich Mielke Aribert Heim Rainer Rupp Clyde Conrad Unabomber to read my story of a 30+ year US ARMY "Manchurian Candidate Study" for Congress I've been subject of.
Just how instrumental I have been in influencing anti-gun legislation just to prove it can be done...
And - There's obviously much, much more there too...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back