Guns Now Allowed In Arizona Bars

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
Under the law, backed by the National Rifle Association, the 138,350 people with concealed-weapons permits in Arizona will be allowed to bring their guns into bars and restaurants that haven't posted signs banning them.

Those carrying the weapons aren't allowed to drink alcohol.

Read more: Link Removed

Related Thread: http://www.usacarry.com/forums/conc...concealed-carry-restaurants-bars-arizona.html

Today is the day the new Defensive Display law takes effect as well. (Parking lot bill goes into effect today too... though it's relatively minor to these other two.)

In my opinion, this SHOULD be getting at least SOME media attention because it changes the very nature of how & when you can 'go to your gun' for ALL CCW citizens in AZ... not just the ones carrying into places serving alcohol.

The old adage "the good guys always start a gun fight in second place" doesn't HAVE to be true anymore - thanks to Def. Display.

Defensive Display is a major step forward. Brandishing laws may leave a victim with no choice but to wait until a problem has become a must-shoot-immediately situation before taking action. The Defensive Display law allows a victim to let the attacker know that continuing threatening activities may result in deadly force. I expect this to become one more tool in deterrence.
Today is the day the new Defensive Display law takes effect as well. (Parking lot bill goes into effect today too... though it's relatively minor to these other two.)

In my opinion, this SHOULD be getting at least SOME media attention because it changes the very nature of how & when you can 'go to your gun' for ALL CCW citizens in AZ... not just the ones carrying into places serving alcohol.

The old adage "the good guys always start a gun fight in second place" doesn't HAVE to be true anymore - thanks to Def. Display.

Im not familiar with the parking lot bill can u give me some info on that azsatt, or anyone else?

Im not familiar with the parking lot bill can u give me some info on that azsatt, or anyone else?

SB 1168: Businesses can no longer ban firearms in parking lots.

Previous attempts by severely anti-gun private businesses to ban guns in the workplace AND the parking lot left employees deprived of their right to carry/defend themselves to & from work. This new law prohibits this parking lot restriction, provided the firearm is secured inside a locked vehicle. (Duh.)

Exceptions: a private business/property that has its own armed security and access control points (like Raytheon at the Tucson airport, for example), and company-owned fleet vehicles (drug reps for example). With these exceptions, the company can lawfully restrict the carrying of firearms through armed access control points, or within their fleet vehicles.

What if you drive your car onto the company property and they have a gate that locks, yet they dont have security. can i still legaly have it locked in my truck.

What if you drive your car onto the company property and they have a gate that locks, yet they dont have security. can i still legaly have it locked in my truck.

I'd say most definitely, considering one of the only two exceptions includes access control points (manned gates - not just locking gates) with armed security.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back