Guns Down America campaigns against NRA "murder insurance"

Reba

Sinner saved by grace
"Murder insurance?" Really?

According to the Chicago Tribune:

"The National Rifle Association is offering insurance for people who shoot someone, stirring criticism from gun-control advocates who say it could foster more violence and give gun owners a false sense of security to shoot first and ask questions later.

Some are calling it 'murder insurance,' and say that rather than promoting personal responsibility and protection, it encourages gun owners to take action and not worry about the consequences. And, they say, it’s being marketed in a way that feeds on the nation’s racial divisions.

Guns Down, a gun-control group formed last year, is running an ad campaign to criticize the NRA’s new insurance. It’s just the latest group to take aim at the NRA’s offering.

'The reason I call it murder insurance is because if you look at the way this is marketed, it’s really sold in the context of ‘There’s a threat around every corner, dear mostly-white NRA member,’ and that threat is either a black man or a brown man or some other kind of person of color,' said Guns Down director Igor Volsky...."

NRA's insurance coverage for people involved in shootings criticized as 'murder insurance' - Chicago Tribune

What Guns Down is doing:

". . . Tell Chubb and Lockton [insurance underwriters] to cut their ties with the NRA and Stop Selling Murder Insurance...."

https://gunsdownamerica.org/campaign/stop-murder-insurance/

Trayvon Martin's mother is also promoting this:

We have our insurance with USCCA, and I realize their emphasis is against NRA as a gun lobby organization but the mindset against shooters' insurance could spread.

The insurance that gun owners have is to protect us from stupidity like this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sybrina Fulton makes it extremely difficult to do the right thing by just letting her grieve in her own way without joining the disrespectful commenters in the peanut gallery. I will simply attempt to continue to meet that difficult task with dogged resolve.

Blues

1. Actually honey, it's time to stop assaulting people. If your son hadn't been assaulting somebody, he'd still be alive.
  2. I remember back in the '90s when some of these SAME twits were DEMANDING that ALL gun owners have... INSURANCE.

Save your money, move to Arizona. Arizona law requires that before a person can be charged and brought to trial that the prosecutor must be able to "PROVE" that the defendant did not fear for his /her life.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back