Guns are like poison snakes

farsidefan1

Guns are like sneaky poison snakes. Without warning they may strike you or a loved one. People are killed by unloaded guns all the time (really? What happened? Did they get buried under them?). The irrationality of anti gun folks is getting to me. They feel at risk with a background checked cc person who is carrying. What?
Facts:
1 An unloaded weapon never shot anyone (I'm not talking about clubbing or using a bayonet).
2 Guns NEVER spontaneously go off on their own.
3 Guns never sneak around on their own looking for victims.
4 Guns are tools. Not the humans who use them (well, some folks are tools, no getting around that).
5 An untouched gun in a holster is safer than a car going 5 mph.

Guns are NOT snakes, looking to do harm. Even most snakes are not looking to do harm (spiders are another story altogether, kill them on sight).

What is with this irrational fear of guns? I truly don't get it. Anti gunners seem to actually fear the guns themselves, as if they have read too many Stephen King stories about killer cars.

What is behind this fear?

Snakes are awesome. And spiders. Centipedes, on the other hand...

And I'd say Hollywood, crazy media and idiot politicians are behind it.

For some the fear is complete and utter ignorance of firearms except for what they see on TV or in the movies.

For others it is more insidious. It is a deep-seeded need to control others.

Either way, both groups need to be educated or stopped.

Get a gun-o-phobe to the range and put a 9mm in their hand. My wife was a gun-o-phobe when we first got married. Then we had to make a trip to Texas for a funeral. We stayed at a cousins ranch in Bandera. He just happened to have a pistol range that was used for Constable training. Well he put a 4"
357 in her hand and she squeezed of some rounds. Haven't been able to get the guns out of her hands since then. Once people find out that shooting can be fun they will change their mind. But then their are some folks that will stay with the herd like the wildebeests crossing the rivers in Africa only to be slaughtered by the crocs. Just avoid the herds!

Snakes are awesome. And spiders. Centipedes, on the other hand...

And I'd say Hollywood, crazy media and idiot politicians are behind it.
But it does depend on the species of snakes and spiders. A Water Moccasin is not a friendly snake even on a good day. In breeding season, they will chase a person down just for fun. Wolf spiders will bite but I do play with then.

As to your second point I love it when you hear someone on trial for murder say "The gun just went off". Don't you just hate it when these damned guns go off all by themselves killing someone.

But it does depend on the species of snakes and spiders. A Water Moccasin is not a friendly snake even on a good day. In breeding season, they will chase a person down just for fun. Wolf spiders will bite but I do play with then.

I love anything that eats flies and that includes most spiders. I'm good with snakes too, just prefer to see them before I step on them. I've had both as pets.
So much for your original post. :tongue:

I love anything that eats flies and that includes most spiders. I'm good with snakes too, just prefer to see them before I step on them. I've had both as pets.
So much for your original post. :tongue:

Me too! We had a python named Monty before we were old enough to know the significance of the name :)

Damn, I used to catch rattlesnakes and carry a gun doing it. Never got bit nor shot. Rattlesnakes are much more tasty than guns too! Actually they are alot alike.....as long as you treat them with the respect they deserve, although still dangerous, they are not uncontrollable. I have never seen a rattlesnake attack a person with out being provoked, I have never seen a gun shoot with out being handled. HMMMMM.

trying to put this were it will not be argumentative. but a lot of people are killed with "unloaded guns", that is why all guns are loaded all the time.

treat them all like they are loaded. i don't mean to add the "killed while cleaning" bunch to this either if yo are cleaning a gun it would have to be empty. it's just the way the mechanics work

Repeat after me:

It it pointless to use facts when discussing gun issues with antis.
It is pointless to use facts against those who only deal with emotion.
It is pointless to try to teach a pig to sing....

trying to put this were it will not be argumentative. but a lot of people are killed with "unloaded guns", that is why all guns are loaded all the time.

treat them all like they are loaded. i don't mean to add the "killed while cleaning" bunch to this either if yo are cleaning a gun it would have to be empty. it's just the way the mechanics work

Now go explain that to the CA politicians. Which one of them was it that said unloaded guns kill people and wanted to use that to make it impossible for anyone to carry any gun, loaded or not? Missed the whole point...

Guns are like sneaky poison snakes. Without warning they may strike you or a loved one. People are killed by unloaded guns all the time (really? What happened? Did they get buried under them?). The irrationality of anti gun folks is getting to me. They feel at risk with a background checked cc person who is carrying. What?
Facts:
1 An unloaded weapon never shot anyone (I'm not talking about clubbing or using a bayonet).
2 Guns NEVER spontaneously go off on their own.
3 Guns never sneak around on their own looking for victims.
4 Guns are tools. Not the humans who use them (well, some folks are tools, no getting around that).
5 An untouched gun in a holster is safer than a car going 5 mph.

Guns are NOT snakes, looking to do harm. Even most snakes are not looking to do harm (spiders are another story altogether, kill them on sight).

What is with this irrational fear of guns? I truly don't get it. Anti gunners seem to actually fear the guns themselves, as if they have read too many Stephen King stories about killer cars.

What is behind this fear?

Spiders are just plain creepy. Death to all spiders open season year round. :)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back