Gunman killed in robbery by CCW Holder

{TEX}Hawaii((

The guy with the CCW kills the armed robber. The CCW holder even chased after the BG and then shot him. Too bad the BG wounded the other clerks. There has been a real violent string of crimes in the Savannah area in the last couple of weeks. The BG had previous illegal gun charges against him which just goes to prove that BGs carry guns where they want and gun laws don't prevent BGs from commiting crimes.

Gunman killed in robberyMICHAEL ATKINS | Friday, August 29, 2008 at 12:30 am

Link Removed

Link Removed

Terrence Antonio Edwards (Photo: Savannah Morning News)

A teenage armed robbery suspect is dead, and two Savannah convenience store clerks are in the hospital.

Those are the results of a holdup at gunpoint, a foot chase and a shootout that began late Wednesday night outside the Stop-N-Go Quick Stop, 728 W. Oglethorpe Ave., and ended in Yamacraw Village.

Savannah-Chatham police on Thursday identified the dead gunman as Terrence Antonio Edwards, 19.

Meanwhile, store clerk Ishwarbhai Patel, 53, was listed in critical condition at Memorial University Medical Center after suffering a gunshot wound to the chest. His son - Mehul Patel, 23, who also was wounded - was listed in good condition.

The robbery occurred as the younger Patel was closing up the store about 9:15 p.m. Wednesday.

Metro police said Edwards approached Mehul Patel, who was carrying a cash-filled backpack. Edwards then pressed a handgun to the store worker's head.

But, according to a police report, Mehul Patel refused to hand over the bag of cash, prompting Edwards to shoot him in the left arm.

The gunman then took off on foot with the loot, but three other employees - Ishwarbhai Patel, Kushik Patel and Chris Patel - gave chase, while Nital Patel, another worker and relative, stayed behind with the wounded clerk.

Chris Patel, 25, took a pistol with him.

After an exchange of gunfire, which police said Edwards initiated behind the store, the pursuing trio confronted Edwards in the 1100 row of Yamacraw.

"This time, Chris and Ishwarbhai caught up to Edwards, and they began to fight over the bag that had been stolen," said Buck Elliott, a metro police spokesman. "During the struggle, both Ishwarbhai and Edwards were shot."

Metro police and emergency responders arrived a short time after that, and efforts to revive Edwards were unsuccessful.

No charges have been filed against Chris Patel. Police said he had a permit to carry the 9 mm pistol he fired.

Nevertheless, police advise against resisting an armed robber.

"The smartest thing to do is to give them what you have and call 911," said Elliott, an advanced police officer. "Get a good description of the suspect, their direction of travel, and give that to the police.

"It's not worth your life."

By Thursday, when a hand-written "Closed Today" sign hung on the Quick Stop door, neighboring merchants offered similar advice.

"Anytime somebody is shot, it bothers you," said Debbie White, owner of DW's Beverage Mart. "No amount of money - there's nothing that's worth a human life. You've got two families now that are just devastated."

White said the elder Patel often would give children lollipops and would pull money out of his own pocket to help customers who were short of change.

"He's very friendly," the merchant said. "We call him 'Papa Patel.'"

White also said she had seen Edwards before the robbery occurred.

"He would just come in, get what he wanted and leave," she said.

According to the Chatham County Sheriff's Department, Edwards had previous brushes with the law.

In August, he was arrested on drug charges. In June, he was charged with carrying a concealed weapon.

Edwards' record also shows he was charged with battery in 2007.

I'm up here in Beaufort and haven't heard of this yet. Guess I'll watch the 6 oclock news. Thanks for the heads up.

Richard

Ill show my Kimber to bad guys too but I will have a suit on ,And not a rain suit.:thank_you2:patels own the world!

Last edited:
Situations like these should serve to put the Bradys as well as all criminals on notice. The a**hole got exactly what he deserved.

That's one BG we won't have to feed, cloth, pay the bills on. Plus we won't have to see his mug and wonder if he will try it again and hurt more innocent people.

He was a teenager with a gun, committing a armed robbery... next time he tried to rob someone do you think he would shoot like he did this time to wound someone or kill the innocent clerk? The BG was the one who shot the clerk first. I say he got what he deserved.

But he was only a teenager.2 got away to try again

This is sarcasm, isn't it? And, as for the two who got away, maybe their buddy's death will wake them up and make them realize that there are armed, law-abiding citizens out there who are prepared for them, and furthermore, they may just realize that for the life of crime they're leading, the risks outweigh the potential rewards

Harsh? Not at all, I think that this guy got what he deserved. Weather or not he was caught rather than killed, we all know he'd be out doing it again, either the next night or when he got out of jail and at least now we (the tax payer) don't have to pay for this guy to sit in jail until he can do it all over again and in all probablilty next time, kill someone innocent.

Harsh? Not at all, I think that this guy got what he deserved. Weather or not he was caught rather than killed, we all know he'd be out doing it again, either the next night or when he got out of jail and at least now we (the tax payer) don't have to pay for this guy to sit in jail until he can do it all over again and in all probablilty next time, kill someone innocent.

I see that this is your first post on USA Carry. Welcome aboard!

I agree with everything you say in this post. Way to make your debut on this forum!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back