Gunman in Seattle Cafe Hit with Furniture

In an interview with police, Adams said he had glanced at his phone when he heard gunshots, then sprung into action as he saw people scrambling around him.
"I just threw the frigging stool at him, legs first," he said in a statement published on the official Seattle police blog.
Police said his actions allowed three people to escape while a man armed with two handguns attacked.

Too bad he wasn't armed with a sidearm instead of a friggin stool.
He could have stopped the gunman right there and then and saved even more lives i.m.h.o.

yup but he used what he could at the time kudos to him!
i like when the bad guys get caught or wind up dead they can't harm again

Note that the Seattle gunman was a very good, quick shot. He had a CPL and a lot of experience with guns, not to mention he had TWO of them. He killed his 5 victims with head shots, and his sixth victim was in the kitchen of the cafe yet he managed to still shoot him in the jaw and armpit. As for situational awareness, once the gunman was asked to leave the cafe, a man in the cafe sensed the tension and got up to leave - and he was the first person the gunman shot, right by the front door.

Note that the Seattle gunman was a very good, quick shot. He had a CPL and a lot of experience with guns, not to mention he had TWO of them. He killed his 5 victims with head shots, and his sixth victim was in the kitchen of the cafe yet he managed to still shoot him in the jaw and armpit. As for situational awareness, once the gunman was asked to leave the cafe, a man in the cafe sensed the tension and got up to leave - and he was the first person the gunman shot, right by the front door.

Interesting- sounds like additional information has been released since the original post. Throws a whole new spin on the situation, huh?

Just curious how others would handle the situation now that we know the perp was skilled with a pistol. Most situational awareness training will stress to vacate the area when tensions rise.

How would you handle it?

Interesting- sounds like additional information has been released since the original post. Throws a whole new spin on the situation, huh?

Just curious how others would handle the situation now that we know the perp was skilled with a pistol. Most situational awareness training will stress to vacate the area when tensions rise.

How would you handle it?

If my life or the lives of my family members are ever in very serious danger (as in this cafe situation) then you better damn well believe that I would be prepared to return fire. You better also believe that my aim would be true and on point, because I am also skilled with a sidearm just as the gunman supposedly was.

Would/could I also get shot and maybe even killed by the armed psycho nutjob?
That's a very real possibility now isn't it??

As far as I'm concerned, it's far better to; Die while fighting than to Die while cowering in fear.

If this 'dude with the stool' had been both trained and armed with a sidearm, he very possibly/probably could have ended the gunmans rampage right there and then.

That's just my .02 cents.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back