Gunfire at Washington mall kills 1 and injures 1

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
Great. Just great. Just what we need leading up to the beginning of the Obama presidency. I'm sure that the antis aren't going to let anyone forget about this either.

Link Removed

TUKWILA, Wash. – Police on Sunday were searching for a gunman who opened fire in a packed Seattle-area shopping mall, killing one man and critically injuring another, before apparently slipping away in a crowd of panicked shoppers.

Officer Mike Murphy, a police spokesman, said the Saturday afternoon gunfire may have been gang-related. He said police anticipated identifying the shooter "soon" and then making an arrest.

The Southcenter Mall in Tukwila was jammed with thousands of pre-Thanksgiving Day shoppers when the gunman fired multiple shots after apparently getting into an altercation with the two victims, police said. One victim died at a hospital and a second was in critical condition Saturday night.

Chauncey Williams, a soldier from Fort Lewis, said he witnessed the shooting. He said he was coming out a store when he saw two men arguing and then saw one pull out a gun and start firing.

"I've got the heebie jeebies," Williams told The Seattle Times. "It's like I'm back in Iraq or something."

SWAT teams from all over Puget Sound converged on the mall, which was locked down for six hours. Store employees and customers were allowed to exit in groups. After the search was completed, Murphy said the assailant "must have got out with the crowd."

The assailant and the two victims were all in their late teens or early 20s. Murphy said no other people were injured.

The mall planned to reopen on schedule Sunday morning, Murphy said.

And one of them got away, supposedly walked out with all of the patrons. Too bad no one identified him, or maybe the news reporters/LEOs are just not saying.

OK, kinda WTF question, but in a mall FULL of folks in a state with 800K CCW permits, not 1 return shot from an armed citizen? No follow out-side to avoid collateral and execute a 'halting action'. And BTW sick to frigging death of picking up the paper and reading about armed crime in Spokane DAILY! I wonder were I will go shopping next? Guess if it gets jacked I get my 15 lines of print in the Spokesman Review. :triniti:

C-L

OK, kinda WTF question, but in a mall FULL of folks in a state with 800K CCW permits, not 1 return shot from an armed citizen? No follow out-side to avoid collateral and execute a 'halting action'. And BTW sick to frigging death of picking up the paper and reading about armed crime in Spokane DAILY! I wonder were I will go shopping next? Guess if it gets jacked I get my 15 lines of print in the Spokesman Review. :triniti:

C-L

My mom lived in Spokane and Tocoma during here first marriage.Mid to late 1930's. I am sure if she were alive today she would be shocked to see the increase in crime there. Of course it is pretty much the same everywhere. As far as why no one got involved perhaps they figured it was rivial gang members and just decided to let them kill each other off. Who knows.

C-L

If I recall correctly, Southcenter is posted as a gun free zone. Therefore, all law abiding citizens left them in their car.

If I recall correctly, Southcenter is posted as a gun free zone. Therefore, all law abiding citizens left them in their car.

That's what I thought... another so called "gun free zone"!! Those signs are a joke and probably attract these types of criminals!!!

This is exactly why if a place is posted as being off limits, but isn't off limits under the law, and there are no metal detectors or security guards frisking patrons at the door, then I simply ignore the sign. How are they gonna know anyway?

Don't leave you gun at home or in the car. Take it with you . Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

This is exactly why if a place is posted as being off limits, but isn't off limits under the law, and there are no metal detectors or security guards frisking patrons at the door, then I simply ignore the sign. How are they gonna know anyway?

Unfortunately, In TN a sign posted at the door with the appropriate wording carries the weight of the law. Fortunately, I see very few of these signs and avoid the places that have them posted.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back