Gun Tshirt... I Must Be a Redneck?

ArmsVault

www.ArmsVault.com
I had something happen this weekend that I have never really experienced... I went to the store and was wearing a t-shirt with my company name/logo on it. "ArmsVault.com"... As I was in line, I started to overhear the lady behind me talking to her kids about my shirt. It didn't take long to realize that she was talking about it in a negative way. I couldn't hear everything she was saying, but I did hear things like "red neck" and "guns aren't safe"...

I was amazed by just how nasty she was getting. She wasn't saying anything to me directly, but she obviously wanted me to hear it. After a few minutes I turned around and looked. Of course, her kids were looking right at me (the mom looked away). So, I just gave a polite smile to the kids and gave a shrug of the shoulders as if to say "wow... what's the big deal"... I was surprised when both kids smiled and one of them even returned the shrug.

Of course I was tempted to have a little discussion with that lady, but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have heard a word I said. Looking back on it, I'm glad her kids got to exchange that pleasant smile and shrug with me. Perhaps that will give them a good impression of gun ownership.... or, at least offset some of the nasty things they are hearing from others.

You took a very high road my friend. I mite have been inclined to confront the ignoramus. I do have a new favorite way to piss off antis. And that is to loudly claim that they advocate the brutal raping of women. It's great to see how shocked they are at such a claim, but it is totally true. Gun Control = the belief that it is morally superior to find a women beaten, raped, and strangled by her own pantyhose and found in a dumpster than for that woman to explain to the police why she shot and killed her attacker.

You took a very high road my friend. I mite have been inclined to confront the ignoramus. I do have a new favorite way to piss off antis. And that is to loudly claim that they advocate the brutal raping of women. It's great to see how shocked they are at such a claim, but it is totally true. Gun Control = the belief that it is morally superior to find a women beaten, raped, and strangled by her own pantyhose and found in a dumpster than for that woman to explain to the police why she shot and killed her attacker.

Quoted For Truth.

Similar topic, but not a gun shirt..
We own two Wiener dogs.. We support the local Rescue for them.. I bought a t-shirt from them
It has a picture of a beautiful long hair on it and then the words.. Are you looking at my Wiener??
(mine is a little different that this one, but similar)
T-Shirt

I was in a local gas store and this woman with about a 12 year old boy with her, covered the kids eyes and let out a HUH!! :angry: and walked out of the store..
Now I agree that the shirt does have a double meaning.. But it was her mind that went for the less appropriate meaning, which says a lot more about her, than me..

Sorry for the departure from the main topic..

I have a shirt that says "There's a place for all of God's creatures, next to the mashed potatoes and gravy." The only problem is that's printed on the back and I can't see the look on the PETA people's faces!

I have a shirt that says "There's a place for all of God's creatures, next to the mashed potatoes and gravy." The only problem is that's printed on the back and I can't see the look on the PETA people's faces!

HAHA!!! Just wear your shirt backwards!

I hope that you don't mind me "borrowing" your line, Comp.

That is a great point. Another arrow for my pro 2A quiver, if you'll pardon the comparison.:laugh:

gun-control2.jpg

I'm liking that shirt... and as for the original post. Kudos on taking the high ground and making a positive impact on the kids of the moronic woman.

To have tried to "enlighten" her there and then probably would have failed, only because walled-off brains aren't open to logic and reason. A pissing match generally just solidifies opposing perspectives.

Personally, I respect every individual's right to be prey if they so choose. If that makes me a 'red neck' then YEeeee Haaw! :laugh:

However, Jeff Foxworthy defines "redneck" as "a glorious absence of sophistication." While standing in line and overhearing this woman's highly unsophisticated and uncivilized assault on your character, you COULD have simply turned and quoted Foxworthy. Just a tought. I typicaly let the fools alone, because she'll wake up tomorrow - Lord willing - and STILL be an idiot.

Armsvault, You did the right thing, confronting her in front of her kids would not have gotten you anywhere. Just remember........When you argue with an idiot, the people around you cant tell who the idiot is!:laugh:

I was gifted with a Tshirt from our local armory ( Coal Creek Armory )... Has a skull and "crossbones" which are automatic weapons and says "Automatics for the People." I am not all that into automatic weapons but I sure do wear the Tshirt, with a nice little mini skirt and my weapon hidden in the waistband. Wonder what the snotty lady behind you would have made of this mom of 7 nice kids?

:sarcastic:

I wear NRA caps, 2nd Amendment T-shirts, Right-Wing Extremist T-shirts, anti-Obama T-shirts, and some even more radical ones. In my neck o' the woods, they're appreciated. Except when I wore my 2nd Amendment shirt to my doctor's office (he's totally anti-gun), and we actually got into an argument right there in the examining room (I think I won!).

I really don't care what other people think - I'm making a statement, and they don't have to look if they don't like it. If they want to "debate," I'm open to that, too.

BTW, here's a test (with the answers) to see if you really are a redneck. I passed with flying colors:

Are you a Democrat, a Republican, or a Redneck?

Here is a little test that will help you decide.

The answer can be found by posing the following question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children.
Suddenly, an Islamic Terrorist with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you,
screams obscenities, praises Allah, raises the knife, and charges at you..

You are carrying a Kimber 1911 cal. 45 ACP, and you are an expert shot.

You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

......... ................................................ .........
Democrat's Answer :

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
Does the man look poor or oppressed?
Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
Could we run away?
What does my wife think?
What about the kids?
Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
What does the law say about this situation?
Does the pistol have appropriate safety built into it?
Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
Should I call 9-1-1?
Why is this street so deserted?
We need to raise taxes, have paint and weed day and make this happier, healthier street that would
discourage such behavior.
This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for few days and try to come to a
consensus....

...... ................... ..........

Republican's Answer:

BANG!

................. .................................. .........

Redneck's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG !

Click... (Sounds of reloading)

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Click …

Daughter: 'Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips or Hydrashocks?! '

Son: 'Can I shoot the next one?!'

Wife: 'You ain't taking that to the Taxidermist .'

I wear NRA caps, 2nd Amendment T-shirts, Right-Wing Extremist T-shirts, anti-Obama T-shirts, and some even more radical ones. In my neck o' the woods, they're appreciated. Except when I wore my 2nd Amendment shirt to my doctor's office (he's totally anti-gun), and we actually got into an argument right there in the examining room (I think I won!).

I really don't care what other people think - I'm making a statement, and they don't have to look if they don't like it. If they want to "debate," I'm open to that, too.

BTW, here's a test (with the answers) to see if you really are a redneck. I passed with flying colors:

Are you a Democrat, a Republican, or a Redneck?

Here is a little test that will help you decide.

The answer can be found by posing the following question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children.
Suddenly, an Islamic Terrorist with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you,
screams obscenities, praises Allah, raises the knife, and charges at you..

You are carrying a Kimber 1911 cal. 45 ACP, and you are an expert shot.

You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

......... ................................................ .........
Democrat's Answer :

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
Does the man look poor or oppressed?
Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
Could we run away?
What does my wife think?
What about the kids?
Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
What does the law say about this situation?
Does the pistol have appropriate safety built into it?
Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
Should I call 9-1-1?
Why is this street so deserted?
We need to raise taxes, have paint and weed day and make this happier, healthier street that would
discourage such behavior.
This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for few days and try to come to a
consensus....

...... ................... ..........

Republican's Answer:

BANG!

................. .................................. .........

Redneck's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG !

Click... (Sounds of reloading)

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Click …

Daughter: 'Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips or Hydrashocks?! '

Son: 'Can I shoot the next one?!'

Wife: 'You ain't taking that to the Taxidermist .'
ok so i fall into the redneck section and damned proud of it!!!!!:biggrin:

I make a lot of 2a shirts and sell them at gun shows etc.

One of my favorites has a hand pointing a revolver and it says "I fight back, shoot back and take back"

I had a woman go off on me for that shirt one day, I simply looked at her and said to each our own, but please do yell help when you are being raped and expect me to come running gun in hand.
She looked at me and said.... 'huh?'

Priceless:sarcastic:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back