Gun Trader in Reno

erockftw

I purchased my AR-15 there a while back, but I don't think I'll ever buy another firearm there.

I went in looking for a good pistol for home defense and concealed carry and was interested in the Glock 21 as my home defense weapon. The guy there immediately said "you dont want a glock, theyre going out of business." and then proceeded to talk about how bad the glocks suck compared to any other gun.

That was a big "wtf" moment to me, and he then tried to force me into a springfield XD. I ended up getting my G21SF and my Glock 23 from Bizarre Guns instead.

Anyone have positive experiences to save me from never stepping foot in there again?

I have never been there. As a salesman and a possible gun enthusiast I could see him making a recommendation if asked for one, but if I went in knowing exactly what I want then he needs to shut up and start the paperwork. If it were me I would never go in that store again either. All it takes for me is 1 bad experience and I will take my business and money elsewhere.

Gun Trader thread at Nevadashooters.com

There's a fairly long thread about Gun Trader over at Nevada Shooters

Link Removed

Wow, there's a lot of negative stuff in that link. I've never purchased a firearm there and I've only been in the store twice. I was there last weekend and purchased 2 magazines for my brothers Glock 19 and ordered a Galco ankle rig for my Kahr CW-9. They treated me fine.

I did notice a couple of odd things. One was that they wanted to see my Nevada drivers license before they would let me buy the Glock mags. They said that a lot of people from Kalifornia come over and try to buy them. Also, there were 2 elderly women quizzing a salesman on revolvers for personal defense. He was very patient and helpful and he showed them a lot of models. Every one of them was a S&W and he told them that they were far better than any other brand, including Ruger ( I disagree. Equal maybe, but not better ). He was also helpful with recommending some training classes for the ladies.

Wow, looks like I wasn't the only one. :p

I actually think I've narrowed it down to one or two people that there that ruin it for everyone.

Wow, there's a lot of negative stuff in that link. I've never purchased a firearm there and I've only been in the store twice. I was there last weekend and purchased 2 magazines for my brothers Glock 19 and ordered a Galco ankle rig for my Kahr CW-9. They treated me fine.

I did notice a couple of odd things. One was that they wanted to see my Nevada drivers license before they would let me buy the Glock mags. They said that a lot of people from Kalifornia come over and try to buy them. Also, there were 2 elderly women quizzing a salesman on revolvers for personal defense. He was very patient and helpful and he showed them a lot of models. Every one of them was a S&W and he told them that they were far better than any other brand, including Ruger ( I disagree. Equal maybe, but not better ). He was also helpful with recommending some training classes for the ladies.

Can't blame them for checking ID's for mags. Hi cap mags are illegal where I live and people from here go there to get them.

As for the women, he had a couple of newbies who didn't know any better. Sure, they'll offer a few things if people buy what they tell them to buy.

I also had a bad experience, I came up to Reno to car pool with a friend down to F.S. for a class. She only had 2 mags, we called around they had one in stock. A little expensive but we where headed out of town.

They wouldn't sell to her because I didn't have NV ID (she of course does). I was going to argue with them but they where very obviously pricks.

I think the funniest part was I carrying my SigP226 and she was carring her Glock. The same guns we took the class with. What ever, we ended up getting it from Sheels for $10 bucks less no hassles.

She later purchased a Kel Tec p32 from Silver State right down the street no problems (I was there) they where cool.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back