Gun Show - Charleston - May 30th/31st

Went looking for a deal on a Para Slim Hawg and walked away with a kick arse deal on a used Kimber Ultra II :biggrin:

A lightly used (finish was in great shape) Ultra II in the box and only missing 1 clip for $720. Kimber's site shows retail is $888 for the gun I have so it might not have been as good of a deal as I thought at the time, but I was happy with it and didn't have to wait for one. I hadn't seen the all black ultra II in a store in a while and the Ultra's I saw were dressed (laser grips, etc) for $1,300 + For my full time carry I wanted it as simple as possible.

I couldn't get close enough to the ammo table to even price match the .45 or 9mm so I didn't bother. We had a stock of 9mm already and the Kimber was my last stop on the way out the door. I wish I would have picked up some cheap .45 now though. There's another show in Columbia on the 13th though.

No problem. But since I have no where else to post my excitement....wholey crap...I shot that baby tonight with some $1.5 bullets and its was AWESOME! All I had to shoot was the $30 a box of 20 Winchester Hollow Points. I hadn't found anybody yet that had target quality .45 and the range only had $38 box of 20. So I shot what I had in my clip just to make it work and it was freekin awesome. I don't think I shot too bad either for being a newb. Can't wait to buy some heavy range time and find some target ammo to get some good rounds through it.

Good luck on finding .45 ammo. i sure wish the suppliers could keep up with the demand. Jealous of the kimber uc2. Nice buy.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back