Gun show buy/trade question??

Usa007

At a gun show can I bring my firearm and trade it for another firearm there? If so I hear there is no paperwork to be done if it's a person to person trade / sale. Inform me on how this works and what to expect to see tomorrow. Is there a way for me to make sure the firearm I'm buying/trading is legal?

Make sure it is not an atuomatic firearm. It could be a stolen firearm. No paper work is needed if neither are dealers. I have purchased a couple of glocks at gun shows. Good luck

Make sure to specify what state you're talking about. (Either in the body, or by posting in the appropriate state sub-forum.)

In Oregon, for example, *ALL* gun show sales must have a background check, even if they're private person to private person.

I assume you are in Florida..
It MAY be legal by the law, but be careful.. How do you know that you are NOT getting a stolen gun??
Demand that you at least get their Drivers license number (get there name and Address too from the license) and probably a bill of sale.. That way if any questions come up later by some gentlemen in uniforum, you can at least point them in a different direction..

1) You have to be willing to do the same
2) If they refuse, then you MAY be better off passing on the deal.

IMHO..

I agree with Hootmonsccy. If there is no paperwork needed, at minimum get all of the pertinent information from your trading partner. You don't want to be caught with a stolen gun without some proof that you purchased what you thought was legal/clear firearm.

FL has a website where you can punch in the serial # to see if it was reported stolen. If you have a cellphone that can go on the web you can do it on the spot.

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back