gun shopping is giving me anxiety!

Cotillion

I have had MONTHS to make up my mind, and I thought I had. The ruger Sr9c. It seemed to be everything I wanted. Then I'm at the store and the glock 26 gen 3 was on sale for 399, so now I'm thinking the ruger is nice, but does any amount of nice compare to KNOWING your glock will go BANG when you need it too? Just an FYI I'm simply a 9mm person, and I considered the glock 19 but I can't find one around 400, which is my ball park. 500 is way to much.

So now I'm contemplating the glock and get back to my original idea which was to buy a piece that fits in my pocket. Db9? Now reliability becomes an issue again. Kahr cm9? Lovely piece but kahr seems so stiff to me. So now my head is spinning and I'm about to say screw it and buy an lcp and a mossberg and call it a day! Arg!

As you can obviously tell I'm not made of money and guns are hard to justify to my wife, I'm sure there are members here who feel my pain!

/end rant

Well i would go for the glock. Unless you feel its to big for cc. I carry an m&p full size and have no trouble concealing it.

Most likely what will happen is ill get the glock 26 and in a few months snag an lcp for those quick trips to the store. I never realized what went behind purchasing a gun up until now though, its like buying a car! Both need to be reliable and looks don't matter to much as long as it runs!

I carry the 26 every day it is a Great Gun and I have never had any issues with it, I do have an LCP (back up gun) which is a good gun but I'm debating on replacing it with the LC9, I also have a Ruger revolver (that I don't carry to big) Point is they are both good gun company's and make great guns, you just need to decide on which one fits your hand the best and shoots the best for you, go to the range rent them both and see which is the best for you.
Good Luck

I have an SR9 and the SR9c is my next handgun purchase. Rugers are built to lastN made right here in America by Americans. And Ruger will donate to the NRA for every gun purchased.
Besides, by now that Gef has already been sold.

Hard to say what your choice will ultimately be when that money is burning in your pocket wanting to get out there to be spent. LOL
My husband doesn't have to justify his purchases to me. If I don't like what he bought, so be it. You might find that your wife will be tolerant of the many things you want to buy or bought. You can discuss it (whatever it is you want to spend your money on...) but in reality, it is not "asking for permission". The fact that you discuss it with her is respect enough for your relationship with her. Besides, you are not buying a whole armoury, or are you? Sorry...can't help that last sentence, it was very tempting...<grin>

Tucker's Mom:233043 said:
Hard to say what your choice will ultimately be when that money is burning in your pocket wanting to get out there to be spent. LOL
My husband doesn't have to justify his purchases to me. If I don't like what he bought, so be it. You might find that your wife will be tolerant of the many things you want to buy or bought. You can discuss it (whatever it is you want to spend your money on...) but in reality, it is not "asking for permission". The fact that you discuss it with her is respect enough for your relationship with her. Besides, you are not buying a whole armoury, or are you? Sorry...can't help that last sentence, it was very tempting...<grin>

Besides it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission :)

I would get the Ruger SR9C and get a LCP down the road. It is a great gun and as stated MADE IN THE USA! Plus the upside is that you get the compact mag and the extended mag. That is a GREAT option.

And the winner is...kahr cm9!

The glock was no longer 399 so I went to a different store and was checking out a glock 19 when I looked down and saw the kahr. Same reliability as a glock yet fits in my pocket and was on sale for 375! I figured why spend money on a fuller size 9mm then spend more money on a pocket 380 for those quick trips when I can combine my needs into the kahr cm9

I carry my Sig p238 .380 its for all year round carry and drops into any pocket.OHH did i mention its 110% RELIABLE....

This video plus a few others make me want a Cm9

Link Removed

I also want a little Ruger .380 also. But I have a Glock 27 and a Colt Mustang .380. I'm just saving for something.???? But post a review of your Cm9 :)

So far very happy with my choice. I only shot off 60 rounds so far but not 1 fte or anything whatsoever. It is a little stiff but seems to loosen with every shot. It just feels like a solid gun. Very compact too which is what I wanted, it even fits in the front pocket of my Levis although snug :)

All in all I'm very happy and no complaints. The recoil is very minor for being such a small gun and it fits nicely in the hands. I'll update after another couple hundred rounds!

Yeah with some pics also. I have the G27 I like alot. I would like one a tad smaller for the hot summers to hide easy. The Cw9 is on my list. Small and good round. But as winter comes and my $$ may burn in my pocket I may want a cannon. :) Cw9 seems like a good choice for small and discrete. The glock is small but you know it's there. I want something smaller but bigger than a .380.

Link Removed

Since you already made a choice, I won't go into it. I was going to offer this, and it may help others who read this thread:
I would have bought the G26 for 3 reasons: 1) $399 for a new Gen3 G26 is a good deal and a decent caliber 2) It will not be your only purchase - eventually you will buy some more guns, and 3) the G26 is easier to sell than many other brands of guns.

But, what the heck, sounds like your happy, and that's what counts.

So far very happy with my choice. I only shot off 60 rounds so far but not 1 fte or anything whatsoever. It is a little stiff but seems to loosen with every shot. It just feels like a solid gun. Very compact too which is what I wanted, it even fits in the front pocket of my Levis although snug :)

All in all I'm very happy and no complaints. The recoil is very minor for being such a small gun and it fits nicely in the hands. I'll update after another couple hundred rounds!

That's the icing on the cake ya know, enjoying your purchase and being able to trust it! Good luck with your new addition.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back