Gun safes

4Opencarry

Does anyone know of a good fireproof safe with 2300 degree ceramic for under $1,000.00 Less than 10 gage steel?

You are looking for something that does not exist at your price point. I have shopped extensively for the last year for as big a safe as possible at the best value while still being good at fire and burglary protection.

Today my Liberty Fatboy was delivered. I would have preferred the "same" size safe from Sturdy Safe, but I couldn't afford that. The Liberty will serve me well I think.

Good luck.

-Matt

If you are a Costco member, check out the ones they sell. Or check them out online and join if you decide you want one.

Sturdy

Can't seem to find anything that compares to a Sturdy Safe for the same of less money. Now looking at Rhino Metals Inc. Bighorn 6030 Gun Safe: 26 Gun Safe on Gunsafes.com I guess the ceramic is too expensive for these companies to use for fire proofing. Anyone have a Rhino Bighorn?

Cracking the superstore gun safes

Go on YouTube and watch the videos of the two guys cracking the large gun safe in 1 minute and 45 seconds with a crowbar and a pry bar. And Sentry safes alot faster.

Most of the fire resistant safes on the market simply use drywall (sheetrock) as the "fireproofing." Nothing is firePROOF. There are varying degrees of fire resistance. The idea is to keep the guns inside from experiencing a harmful level of heat by the time the fire is over.

Do a bit more research, decide what level of protection you really need. BTW, I've seen a chest freezer filled with meat, AFTER the house burned entirely down, scorched on the outside and only thawed in a few inches. Hundreds of pounds of sub-zero meat kept the center frozen solid. Some people store their important documents in the center of a filled freezer.

Where will the safe be? How long would it be exposed to heat during a fire? How much heat? Is the area sprinklered? Will the area be flooded with water after a firefighting operation? How long before you would be allowed to recover your safe a fire and firefighting operation? All questions related to protecting your guns from damage. Sometimes the ability to seal up and prevent the guns from being flooded is important.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back