Gun Safe

sambo42xa

USA Carry Supporter
What do You have for a gun safe......combination; push pad; key; etc., pro's and con's on the others.
Without really saying what I keep for what or where I have them ......... for hand guns, right now I got the Push Pad which does have the key overide and is "close" when needed. I practice opening it in the dark or with my eye's shut. I have one of those Stack** cabinets for the Other weapons. This one has only the Key lock.
I don't know, the Combination type seem fine, but having to open it in a hurry under pressure and in the dark also. You can probably say the same for the Key Pad type too. They do have the bells and whistles letting you know when the battery/s are almost due for changing and LED. That shouldn't bother you if You know your equipment anyway. Since I purchased a nice Toy last month I need to upgrade on Safety. I'm now looking at a Safe which has the Key Pad LED w/ key override. I'll still use the Cabinet for other things, but for more added safety, also because having Rugrats in the house I'm going to invest in what I feel is a much more safer and stronger unit........a safe.
Rugrats= Kids (incase you didn't know)
Oh, and apologies too the thread police :big_boss: if I posted in wrong area. :yu:

What do You have for a gun safe......combination; push pad; key; etc., pro's and con's on the others.
Without really saying what I keep for what or where I have them ......... for hand guns, right now I got the Push Pad which does have the key overide and is "close" when needed. I practice opening it in the dark or with my eye's shut. I have one of those Stack** cabinets for the Other weapons. This one has only the Key lock.
I don't know, the Combination type seem fine, but having to open it in a hurry under pressure and in the dark also. You can probably say the same for the Key Pad type too. They do have the bells and whistles letting you know when the battery/s are almost due for changing and LED. That shouldn't bother you if You know your equipment anyway. Since I purchased a nice Toy last month I need to upgrade on Safety. I'm now looking at a Safe which has the Key Pad LED w/ key override. I'll still use the Cabinet for other things, but for more added safety, also because having Rugrats in the house I'm going to invest in what I feel is a much more safer and stronger unit........a safe.
Rugrats= Kids (incase you didn't know)
Oh, and apologies too the thread police :big_boss: if I posted in wrong area. :yu:

I had just the safe you would be looking for but just sold it. If i had known you needed one i could have sold it to you cheap and trucked it up there. It was a Sentry 24 gun safe, Key pad with Key back up and works. Got it from WalMart a few years ago. It's fire and water proof for up to like 3 hours or so. It's a 1195 dollar safe if you buy it from them. Think i paid like 600 for it at WalMart.

Features:

* Electronic lock
* 24 long gun maximum capacity
* Electronic Lock with Lever Handle
* Solid steel, pry-resistant door
* 5 steel live-locking bolts/3 dead bolts
* Concealed hinges
* Hardened steel plate protects lock from drill attack
* Carpeted interior
* Adjustable shelf
* 4 adjustable interior configurations
* Flush floor for easy access
* Floor compartment
* Door back organizational hooks
* Bungee organizational system
* Color: Black/brass hardware

* Exterior Dimensions: 59"H x 25"W x 23 7/16"D
* Exterior Dimensions (metric): 150.0cm H x 63.5cm W x 59.5cm D
* Interior Dimensions: 57 7/8"H x 23 13/16"W x 18 1/16"D
* Interior Dimensions (metric): 147.0cm H x 60.5cm W x 45.9cm D
* Capacity: 14.4 cu. ft. na cu. in.
* Capacity (metric): 408.2 cu. lit. na cu. cm
* Ship Weight: 355 lb. 161 kg.

Model: GN8381

Link Removed

here is a list on online stores they sell it .

cabela's
dunham's
sports authority
dick's sporting goods
fog dog
modell's
sport chalet
mc sports
jerry's sports center

I would look into it great safe keeps them safe from kids and people who should not be playing with the guns. As well as fire.

I have four Large gun safes and only one had a Key pad, the others are combo. I wanted to stay away from the Key pad type locks but after getting my last one I like it. Quicker access is one great advantage. Although I've wondered what would happen if someone rips the pad off. There are no hidden key access on the large safes.

I have four Large gun safes and only one had a Key pad, the others are combo. I wanted to stay away from the Key pad type locks but after getting my last one I like it. Quicker access is one great advantage. Although I've wondered what would happen if someone rips the pad off. There are no hidden key access on the large safes.

Is on the one i showed you.

GOT TO LOVE MARKETING. Kinda hard to flip the safe when it's dead bolted to the floor. No matter what kind of safe you buy there will always be some one who will be able to get into it. As for the second video that's funny as hell as i almost got one. In the end in went with a key lock safe for my handgun. Can you say lawsuit??

Last edited:
GOT TO LOVE MARKETING. Kinda hard to flip the safe when it's dead bolted to the floor. No matter what kind of safe you buy there will always be some one who will be able to get into it.

Like the saying goes "locks and safes only keep the honest people honest". There was another video showing a team doing almost the same thing to a safe that was supposedly bolted to a beam. Couldn't locate it though. In most instances a good safe will, hopefully, make the BG look elsewhere.

True that is vary true. But if you have something they want and they want it bad enough they will get it. Nice videos thanks for showing them. The safes in the first video are like 5k and up lol i looked them up.

Is on the one i showed you.
The last one I bought was from Academy Sports. They don't show it on their site. It holds over 30 long guns and two shelves for handguns. It looks like I have to get another one now, it's over full!:yes4:

S&WM, You been hiding somewhere lately?
I understand that this is a good invesment (Maybe not to some), and I'm sure a BG OR anyone else for the matter can actually open any type safe. As I said, for me this is much more safer than my existing cabinet. I'm not worried about the Key Pad being smashed off or whatever because I still have My Other firearms close by. Or for the matter, I'll be near the Safe before anyone has a chance to break it anyway. Hey, come on now.....it's better than not having anything.

I might get a safe from a big box store if I planned on putting some regular type guns in it and maybe small quantities of silver bullion and miscellaneous other valuables. It's as much for fire protection as for anything else.

Bolted to the floor and rigged with an alarm, it would do an excellent job of protecting valuables in most cases. Hiding the safe is also a good idea. Out of sight is out of mind, and if they can't find it in the first place, then they can't crack it open.

If you're really accumulating lots of things that need serious protection, then by all means, invest as needed. Build an addition onto your house for a used bank vault, then rent out the space for safe deposit.

Link Removed. It might be old, but it's still strong.

S&WM, You been hiding somewhere lately?
I understand that this is a good invesment (Maybe not to some), and I'm sure a BG OR anyone else for the matter can actually open any type safe. As I said, for me this is much more safer than my existing cabinet. I'm not worried about the Key Pad being smashed off or whatever because I still have My Other firearms close by. Or for the matter, I'll be near the Safe before anyone has a chance to break it anyway. Hey, come on now.....it's better than not having anything.

LOL, yeah i have been around. Nothing really good to talk about on the forums the past few days. So i get on and scan topics and get off lol.

About 2 weeks ago, I bought a Cannon safe from Costco. Did a bit of research and I couldn't beat the features for the price (under $900.00 out the door). It is a key pad with no key backup (one that let me set my own 6 digit entry code). They also seem to have a pretty comprehensive warranty. If anything goes wrong with it, someone tries to crack it, gets caught in a fire or flood, they will repair or replace it free of charge. They even pay for a locksmith if the locking mechanism malfunctions and shipping, if that is required. Hope I don't have to use any of that. Also has very configurable shelving and L.E.D interior illumination.

I need to get my safe bolted to the floor. My safe was a cheap Dick's special a while back. It was just to house my firearms. I need something more secure though.

Yeah, I got a Cheap double hand gun safe from GALLS.Com and man no padding at all. I got another cheaper one from Dirt and this thing was way better then the Galls one by a long shot. 1'' foam all the way around top/bottom/sides/even on the door it's self. I took all the foam out of it and put it in the other safe as it's bigger and has a pull out shelf for gear. I drilled holes in it and bolted the other one on the top of it took the left over foam and put it in the Dirt safe. The bigger bottom one if for my gun and gear and the top one with some foam is for my ammo. It works for now seeing as how i do not have the money to drop on a 500 or up safe.

I need to get my safe bolted to the floor. My safe was a cheap Dick's special a while back. It was just to house my firearms. I need something more secure though.

....and That's what I did. Bought something that was more secure. It wasn't $900. but it was more than $500. anyway. For what it is worth it'll do the job I want it too.
I still have my STACK-** Cabinet that I May house ammo in but not sure just yet.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back