Gun Safe For A Drawer

With my VERY limited experience, this sounds like a valid point. With that in mind, what would you suggest to accommodate your point, as well as provide fast access in an emergency?

There are a myriad of cheap wall safes on ebay that you just cut the Sheetrock or paneling out in a closet or behind a picture bolt to the studs and night leave it unlocked. Mine has a key backup and a digital 3 digit to 8 digit lock. its in my closet next to my bed. even locked I can open and have gun in my hand in 15 seconds.

But usually at night it is in my nightstand anyway

With my VERY limited experience, this sounds like a valid point. With that in mind, what would you suggest to accommodate your point, as well as provide fast access in an emergency?

Fast access means having a weapon on your person. If it is not on your person then you secure it, by any means that works for you. As a father of two grown boys (42 and 34 years old) and a retired High School Teacher, I have had many experiences with children that some of you haven't. Believing any child will act like an adult is a recipe for disaster. I have read that some of you never acted in a foolish manner around guns when you were young. That is very possible but statistics and real life experience shows an alarming trend the other way. We have had several deadly shootings involving mishandling of guns in the home by children in our area (rural Tennessee) and this is with kids that are hunters and graduates of safety classes. My boys hunted with me or one one their uncles until they left home. Guns were kept secured (except for HD shotgun) and ammo separate. HD Shotgun was absolutely off limits to them with stiff consquences if caught handling it. Children , at least until 16-18 years old, need adult supervision when around weapons. I am 66 years old and I have been to 6 funerals involving firearm "accidents" and four of those were experienced adults. Safety first. Train them, but don't give access until they are old enough to make the right decisions.

That may sound "woosey" to some of you , but it is nice to be a grandpa. Get careless and you may never find out.

If you're really looking for a drawer mounted safe i'll sell ya one...lol $92 shipped (brand new/i'm an authorized gunvault dealer)

The+Mini+GunVault+with+Optional+Motion+Detector.jpg

Link Removed

OK I hate to stoke the fire here but this is always an ongoing debate. I was raised around firearms and all I ever had to do from a young age (around 6 or 7 years old) was ask to shoot them, and my parents made it happen! I was NEVER curious about one, I knew how they worked and what they did, where they were stored and if I wanted to, I could have played with them... But I never did.
Bingo! I too grew up around guns and I learned about them at an early age (4-5 yrs old). My father was career military and more than one of his assignments involved improvement and development of small arms. As a result there were times in my childhood when we had all sorts of military firearms around my house. Our whole family would go shooting at the base's range fairly often. As a result I knew how guns operated, why they were dangerous, and my curiosity was satisfied. Of all the stupid, bonheaded things I did as a child and teenager not one of them involved a gun in spite of the fact that I always had access to one or more.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back